aberdeen-music

New fantastic 4 film

MattJimF

For fans of the Silver Surfer click here

I hope it's better than the first movie - it sucked donkey cocks.

I'm maybe an old fuck (by your youthful standards) but I was brought up on Marvel & DC comics and it jist brakks ma hert to see what they've done with ma childhood heroes in so many movie tie-ins *sniff* (Spidey & Supey aside).

Why do the main characters have to be so fucking hip (hop) ???

Why do the main characters have to be so fucking hip (hop) ???

Because movies are a different medium from comics! And if punters are actually going to go see a movie they need something to relate to. I thought the first FF movie was alright, as most of the Marvel movie output has been (X-Men 3 being the notable exception). Saw Superman Returns on Xmas Day, thought it was balls. Lois Lane looked like a 16 year old anorexic.

Because movies are a different medium from comics! And if punters are actually going to go see a movie they need something to relate to. I thought the first FF movie was alright, as most of the Marvel movie output has been (X-Men 3 being the notable exception). Saw Superman Returns on Xmas Day, thought it was balls. Lois Lane looked like a 16 year old anorexic.

Yes, granted, but so FUCKING hip?

The characters (Peter Parker aside - who's human and frail) are like Poochie the Dog in the Simpsons - trying just a bit too hard to be super cool!

Silver Surfer is kinda a good guy (The Herald of Galactus!), I'm assuming the trailer depicts his first encounter with FF. I'm not a massive FF fan, I'm sure there'll be someone on here who knows more about them and the Surfer. You're right about Johnny Storm, but he's a knob in the comics too.

Check here for Silver Surfer factoids:

Silver Surfer - Marvel Universe: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

Guest bluesxman

I watched Superman Returns last week, thought it was pretty good apart from Lois Lane looking way too young, must have been about 14 when she squirted out her kid. Could easily have been cut to a decent 2 hour running time too.