aberdeen-music

fao delboy and other footy manager players

stuartmaxwell

how fucking hard is fm2007??

aiya

gies some hints on bargain buys for aberdeen within the 0-25k region

for 50k theres a keeper on the Rangers reserves who's good, and worth getting Keigan Parker if you can for a good price.

I like FM2007 and have an amazing Aberdeen squad and have won the premiership 7 years in a row.

Cheers

Stuart

Whatever you do, don't download the update for it, i did and wheh you start with the dons you've gotta transfer budget of 0

It's become so hard it's no longer fun, it says in the manual that if you REALLY want to win, you're gonna have to train you're players every week & arse about with tactics and so on all the time, which makes it less & less fun me thinks

Still playing tho!!

Exams...meh!!!

I tend to use 4 -4 - 2 with an attacking midfielder right and left, and 2 central midfielders. In previous FM games I always used 4-3-3 but its not so effective this version, I downloaded the upgrade as you cant expand pittodrie without it for some reason, very annoying.

Cheers

Stuart

i mean like, do you go all out attack/ target man and pound ball sin from the left/right, or do you use a playmaker etc?

i seemed to have worked smething for home which works well and away which works very well in 2nd half. on a 9 game win streak, finally!!

have to say found managing cambridge a bit tough but did last six seasons before getting the boot, came close to relegation from the conference and got a number of votes of confidence before finally getting the boot. not much success got to the final of the fa trophy and erm thats about it!

however started a new game as boss of newcastle united and won the UEFA cup, finished 5th in the prem, got to semi's of league and fa cup and have been offered the job of managing greece alongside newcastle!

i tend to go for 4-4-2 diamond formation with a good solid defensive midfielder and goal scoring attacking midfielder. i have found on this game that u quite often need to change tactics for certain games (e.g. for tough away games i tend to play 5-3-2 very defensive it often gets me a sneaky undeserved 0-0 draw!)

i use a 4-2-2-2 formation, basicallly a 4-4-2 but with the two wingers pushed further up the field. I have the 2 central midfielders on defensive and always closing down but you need to hero's playing here to make it work. I always use quick tempo and short passing although the game says it shouldnt work ive dominated with arsenal for 5 seasons now using it.

Anyone found any gems hidden in the game yet?

Ive found this brazilian called schmoller but you cant get him till the third season if your a european team. Conar Mcormack in the man utd u18's becomes amazing as well. The Argy keeper ustari is also a good purchase.

Matt Jansen is on a free at the start of the game, scores for fun for Aberdeen.

With no money to spend it's really difficult - plus I lost all my decent players when their contracts ran out, so get in with renewals early if you definitely want to keep them.

Signed Alan McGregor from Rangers for £18k - great 'keeper until you can afford any better (like Vincent Enyeama when you have £80k) - who I later sold to Motherwell for £1 million.

Gavin Skelton and Ryan McGuffie from Gretna are both good players - stats are pish, but they're very consistent and rarely play badly. Robert Snodgrass from Livingston's a good signing too.

I sold Richie Byrne to Wigan for £500k in my game. That gave me cash to play with.

Send Chris Maguire out on loan to a Scottish feeder club in your first season. Scores shitloads and comes back an amazing player. Also means you're able to bring him back should injuries hit you badly (which they inevitably will in this game).

As for formations, I tend to stick to a 4-4-2, but when it appears to be going stale (when FM starts to cheat and you end up losing games that you should easily win), I change to an attacking 4-3-3. It's important to edit individual players' instructions - so your defensive midfielder is defense-minded, your wingers have creative freedom and the like.

one thing i've found that's essential for keepers is make sure that have at least a rating of 10 or more on the kicking front. never noticed this before on previous CM/FM games but on this one my no 1 keeper who was worth 60 grand had a kicking level of 3 and i noticed that the team conceded shed load of goals from poor kicks/clearences.....