aberdeen-music

Geneva

Lemonade

My work are sending me there in a couple of weeks for 2 months and I've never been before, does anyone have any advice on places to go, people to see, stuff to do, places to avoid, where to eat, prices, transport, weather, how to make the locals not hate you for not speaking French, absolutely anything that may come in handy?

Any advice much appreciated!

B.E 8o

I have relatives there. Visited once for a few days.

Well worth walking around the old town for the look of the buildings. Wondering around Geneva is generally interesting. You can hire a bike at the front (maybe not suitable if there is ice).

There is a small animal santury slightly outside Geneva which contained various monkeys, a panther (i think it was), a parrot amongst other things. I assume some animals would be inside for winter.

You are also nicely within the season to do snow-related activities which I believe there is near Geneva.

I heard there's a pretty good convention that people are clamouring to attend there too!

I attended a convention once. It was a Zoidberg appreciation convention. There was only about three of us but we took it as a positive as it meant there were more sandwiches to go round. Fourteen each as I recall.

Good times. Still three times as many people as the Maxi appreciation convention. Not counting that hamster that wandered in unawares and mysteriously 'vanished'...