aberdeen-music

Ibanez RG 8 String @ NAMM 07

...mole...

You're learning :up:

:laughing:

No seriously, I wish they would give some indication as to the level of it. If it's not a Prestige then I wouldn't - personally - go near it. Problem is, if it's a Prestige and flops, that's far worse than a slightly more budget one going badly.

My hands aren't big enough to get the most from an 8 string, so I'm not gonna lose sleep over this one. :)

You're learning :up:

:laughing:

No seriously, I wish they would give some indication as to the level of it. If it's not a Prestige then I wouldn't - personally - go near it. Problem is, if it's a Prestige and flops, that's far worse than a slightly more budget one going badly.

My hands aren't big enough to get the most from an 8 string, so I'm not gonna lose sleep over this one. :)

Id say it would be a Prestige, probably be a while before they made a budget version of it. If it sells well at all that is.

im going to keep an eye out for it been looking for something different and an 8-string sounds like a good idea :love:

Ibanez prestige is only a thing of the last few years. Ibanez have been making good guitars for much longer than that.

Most Ibanez guitars haven't came with good pickups as stock since the early 90s. You need to replace the pickups to optimize your tone, DiMarzio is quite common for the type of people who play Ibanez guitars. The upside is you aren't paying for good pickups that are far from your taste.

I own an Ibanez 7 string and have to admit that my useage of this extra string is relatively minimal so not in a rush to get an additional one.

The size of your hands should not prevent you form playing a guitar with extra strings, providing you have good technique.

So 8 strings? would that be an extra Low B & G? or a Low B and a high A? :confused:

I play an Ibanez ATK 305 bass - Its feckin awsome, so dont slag Ibanez off. Most well known guitar brands make rubbish guitars too :)

with most* 8 strings you would want to add a high A so i hope that's what the Ibanez one is going for.... the low G in my opinion is utterly pointless... unless you like listening to mush coming out of your amplifier.... the high A however is very useful!

I'd love it to have a fanned frets version... i might go for that one if it did!

with most* 8 strings you would want to add a high A so i hope that's what the Ibanez one is going for.... the low G in my opinion is utterly pointless... unless you like listening to mush coming out of your amplifier.... the high A however is very useful!

I'd love it to have a fanned frets version... i might go for that one if it did!

If they increased the scale a bit, I think a low G would work OK.... The treble would suffer a bit though.... o_O But a high A would be useful too right enough... Maybe they need to do a 9 string version....8-) I've played a 16 string Lute before, it was cool, you'd think all those strings would make it harder to play but all it means is that the note you want is always close by - schweet! :love:

And yes, fanned frets would be very cool :up: