aberdeen-music

What do you think...

Guest MDP

I agree with the general opinion, the comments section is good for seeing feedback on your gigs, bands you put on etc, as well as letting other promoters/bands post their own gigs which might appeal to your audience.

Still think it's a bit pointless mate. The bands' personal myspaces are more suitable for recieving comments, and the guys is just using it for booking bands....

actually i was looking for constructive criticism, which i got.

it is still a work in progress, and i am taking into consideration all the things said here.

It wasn't a dig at you man. You've listened to the concensus, and set about changing the space accordingly, which is all gravy.

Milner's attitude just sucks.

• 3 weeks later...
How did you fuck about with the myspace format like that? you know all the codes and shit or did you have some sort of editor?

All he basically had to do was use a style sheet and JavaScript to override all the default HTML/CSS from MySpace and make them invisible using parameters.

But looking at the page source, it's a complete mess.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

fyi, you can turn off comments with HTML. it's good for blocking bullshit spam, though it sounds like you're a spam generator yourself. i have to agree with hines, why not have this on a seperate website, with the links integrated with your myspace site? myspace doesn't necesarily negate the need for a personal website, and if you are willing to put so much work into it why not just host it yourself?

• 2 weeks later...