aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

What are you learning to play?

In a similar vein to "what CD's have you bought recently" in the music discussion forum, I was wondering if what songs people might be trying to learn at the moment?

Currently I'm having a go at "As is" by Ani DiFranco and "Allison" by the Pixies.

nothing, cos im being lazy at the mo. last things i learned were guthrie govans 'wonderful slippery thing' and satriani's satch boogie. although i'll probably find i've forgotten most of them next time i actually sit down to play o_O

nothing, cos im being lazy at the mo. last things i learned were guthrie govans 'wonderful slippery thing' and satriani's satch boogie. although i'll probably find i've forgotten most of them next time i actually sit down to play o_O

Satriani - "Back to Shalla-Bal"

Alice Cooper - "No More Mr Nice Guy"

Sweet - "Action"

I'm not getting much enjoyment out of other peoples songs at the moment. Slowly teaching myself some piano though, its an ace instrument.

I'm trying to learn We Wish You A Merry Christmas on the keyboard, and Yankee Doodle on the whistle at the moment.

I generally don't play other people's songs when I practice guitar, prefer to spend my time writing.

I'm not getting much enjoyment out of other peoples songs at the moment. Slowly teaching myself some piano though, its an ace instrument.

...and I hope you're standing up and crouched over the keyboard Jerry Lee Lewis style as well :up:

Got given a bugle recently.... I can only make parping noises just now but soon I'll be playing concerto's I'm sure :)

Otherwise, I've been trying to master Mr De Garancelle by Manuel Ponce on ma classical.... Got the overture but the rest of it is nuts :confused:

Not so much learning, but trying to remember the words to numerous Lyle Lovett songs.

No doubt my old man'll show me a few nice runs around the yuletide fire though, so I'll spend the run up to New Year playing around with them.

Although learning songs is a vital part of being a musician it should not be the only part. A musician cannot make really great progress unless the specific skills which need to improved upon are practiced individually.

Anyway, learnt 2 jazz standards recnetly for my leeds college of music audition. 'Here's that Rainy Day' and 'Afternoon in Paris'.

--Mark--

Spiritual Groove by Antoine Dufour.

Probably the only thing that has got me really excited about playing guitar since I started learning Metallica 6 or 7 years ago. I am learning it on electric, but there's just one part I can't do, the variation of the intro riff played nearer the end.

It's a fucking awesome piece though.