aberdeen-music

wanted: dons v huns ticket, if anyone can't make it

The Ghost Of Fudge

so, i fucked up. spent an hour trying to get through to the ticket office at pittodrie today, but by the time i managed they only had single seats in the family stand, so they wouldnae sell me a ticket. boo.

so if anyone has a ticket but can't make the game, allow me to take it off your hands... :D

(PM me or post here or something)

Guest DustyDeviada

You snooze, you lose mofos! ;)

How will they sell the single seats in the family stand then? You go in with your kid but then leave them sitting somewhere else in the stand?

from BBC

Rare sell-out for highflying Dons

Aberdeen's match with Rangers on Saturday will be the club's first sell-out for a competitive game in several years.

The news of a 22,000 crowd comes as the second-placed Pittodrie club secured the services of veteran Craig Brewster.

The former Dundee United player manager has turned down offers from elsewhere to sign for the Dons until the end of the season.

A Pittodrie spokesman said the rare sell-out was "excellent news".

Manager Jimmy Calderwood has been critical of turnouts at games so far this season despite Aberdeen's resurgent form.

The final tickets for Saturday's 1230 GMT game sold out late on Tuesday.

Kilmarnock and St Mirren were interested in signing 40-year-old free agent Brewster.

Former Inverness boss Brewster played under Calderwood at Dunfermline.

More

Former Dundee United manager Craig Brewster has signed for Aberdeen until the end of the season.

Kilmarnock and St Mirren were also interested in signing the 40-year-old free agent, before Brewster chose to sign for the Pittodrie outfit.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood was looking to strengthen the side following an injury to striker Lee Miller.

"I'll be in on Thursday to do the deal and I'm delighted to be joining Aberdeen," Brewster told The Express.

Interview: Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood

Brewster, who also managed Inverness Caledonian Thistle, played under Calderwood at Dunfermline.

The veteran forward had an unsuccessful spell in charge at United from January to October, before being replaced by Craig Levein.

"It was obviously hard to tell Jim (Jefferies, Kilmarnock manager) and Gus (MacPherson, St Mirren manager) that I would not be joining either of their clubs but they accepted the decision and I thank them for that," said Brewster.

"At the end of the day, I decided to go for Aberdeen because of my past experiences with the management team."

Meanwhile, the Dons match against third placed Rangers on Saturday is a sell-out with all 22,100 tickets being sold.

Guest DustyDeviada
How many Aberdeen dwelling Rangers fans have snapped up tickets in the Dons stand then?

I'm constantly pissed off at the Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen fans in the ICT home end when the 'big' games come up.

Having sat in the Inverness end once during a cup game (Season 99-00 I think), I don't know why people bother doing this, really crappy not being able to cheer your team or anything.

Haha!! I just remembered the last game of last season for Hearts v. Rangers, where the Hearts fans all brought papers to read instead of watching the game, as they'd already secured the Champions League spot.

Any chance you Dons fans could come up with an equally pisstake of rangers?

Nothing comes to mind at the moment

Haha!! I just remembered the last game of last season for Hearts v. Rangers, where the Hearts fans all brought papers to read instead of watching the game, as they'd already secured the Champions League spot.

One that springs to mind was the sight of Celtic fans waving red cards and singing "ha-ha, ha-ha..." to the tune of "Billy Boys", following the infamous "red card" Old Firm Derby (late 80's early 90's).

Priceless.

I think the Hearts fans are paying for their cockiness now. Not something I'd entertain halfway through the season. There's a long way to go, don't want to end up with egg on our faces and other such cliches.

Doesn't it just piss you off the amount of "fans" that crawl of the woodwork when we're on form? Or even just when we're playing the Old Firm.

We should've cut the hun's allocation. How many times has it happened to us away from home?

I'm lucky. I have a 6 year old son, which means I qualify for a cheap season ticket in the family enclosure:up: