aberdeen-music

Night time photography in Aberdeen?

Guest Craig C

CNV00040.jpg

CNV00043.jpg

CNV00050.jpg

Anderson drive and looking from the Bridge of Don out over Seaton (please just ignore all the scan lines and muck on the photo, it was scanned in a hurray and needs to be cleaned up and redone again, just haven't had time)

Those were me playing about a bit, only recently decided to try and get out a bit more to take some photos though, so they aren't quite up to scratch yet...

The building on Esslemont Avenure? That the Grammar School? if it is theres a handy gate you can walk in through ;) Though my pictures were only really an attempt to see how night time stuff would come out, so not particularly well thoguht out

CNV00016.jpg

David

Here's my attempt from a few nights back...

theatre_1.jpg

i like it. the only thing i'd say is burn in the flare on the sky so that it's a good black, it looks a little dirty there and i think it would've worked better if the lampost and the main pillar of hmt was going straight up and down instead of leaning to the right slightly. this may be caused by using 35mm to shoot tall buildings though.

it's a good composition tip in general though, watch for vertical and horizontal lines and try and keep them at 90 degree angles unless you're going for a purposely skewed viewpoint. it can make the difference between an average and a good picture.

• 1 year later...

do you have to prove that you are not a professional photographer?....

I am not a professional photgrapher, but I sometimes take a neat snap...

we'll see....

PS, Pogo...I put it in the "jobs / opportunities" section...

Opportunities

that goes for anybody else who awnts an opportunity broadcast on Creative Cultures...

Visual arts, Written word, Music....if you think CCS can help get you a bigger viewing audience for your opportunity, let me know. I'll see what I can do.

yours,

Phil.