aberdeen-music

Blu-Ray Vs. HD-DVD

The Kernel Loaf

Guest DustyDeviada

I still think Mini Disc is a good format, there's nothing else really practical and cheap for recording gigs and stuff. That said, you would think that some of the MP3 players would start to offer good direct recording facilities.

That's not an MP3 player though, just a box that will record direct to MP3 on USB digital storage (like an iPod or a flash drive). Nice nevertheless, I read that yesterday and then spent some time hunting for a cheap deal but none was to be had.

What dusty was meaning was something like an iPod or Walkman offering decent recording features much like the MiniDisc recorders did.

Guest DustyDeviada
What dusty was meaning was something like an iPod or Walkman offering decent recording features much like the MiniDisc recorders did.

Yup, I still have to use an iPod and a Hi-MD, the iPod for listening to music and the hi-MD for recording live music. If I want to get stuff off the MD onto the iPod I have to dowload to the computer, recode etc, lots of hassle. It would be great if the iPods had a mic input and you could just record directly to them at whatever bit rate you wanted. Until then, I have to keep my Mini Disc.