aberdeen-music

Another acoustic song

Hog

Fucking hell!o_O

Glad you folk like it.

Well, it was recorded using a Wesley guitar I bought from Ebay for 60 (talk about polishing a turd)

It was then just plugged directly into my soundcard on my laptop. I do have a really good laptop so I think that helps a bit.

Vocals recorded on a seinhiser (sp) microphone.

I used adobe audition and I reckon that the reverb I used really helps.

Im not offended at all that it may have a Muse/Radiohead feel, I love both of those bands.

I'd recommend a plain acoustic and a soundhole pickup. Piezo's are a bit naff in my humble experience, and if you buy a nice pup you can just re-use it if you fancy something wallet-busting at a later date :)

Also, none of that nasty black plastic pish on the side. It's only the soundperson's business to be mucking about with EQ anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jan.

I dont have any gigs lined up at the moment (go on Vocoustics, IMP:up: gees a gig)

I am going to Paris in Feb so hoping to work in a gig there with one of my acoustic myspace friends. Ah well if I cant get a gig in the deen, go to another country lol.

I have another new song now up, its called "I dream of falling planes" but its a demo because my singing is not very good on it, squeeze my balls to hit that note.:laughing: