aberdeen-music

Saturday Night - Who's Out?

Spoonie

Back in the day, when rock was young and i lived up in the AB3, i used to know many of the people who frequented the old bravenet boards for AUBL and Fudgenet. Now, many moons have passed and my internet compadres are few and far between. Nevertheless, me and the FeSTR boys are venturing out on Saturday (gig@moorings, followed by shitfaced@'shooloo) so i thought i'd put up this message to see who i can expect to come across on my travels. This message is extended also to the people who I'll see out and about that I don't know, or that I know from on here but have never met in real life. That's happened a few times and it almost always results in a banter-fest. May I also apologise in advance to anyone I offend/rub myself against.

So, who's out?

/x

I think that I fit into the later catagory, although we may have played a gig together at some point though - Fasque House perhaps?

I'm playing in the Lemon Tree on Sat night but should be done by 11. Will come down the Moorings for an after gig pint and hopefully catch the end of the bands. Do you know what time you'll be on?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Spoons! Won't be at the gig, but will be in Moshulu propping up the bar. Pint is yours if you hunt me down......

Aye, that was the ginner clarted in the lippy, wasn't it? Sound bloke.

nah, it's not often that you find a place that plays that stuff all night. don't get me wrong, if i had to listen to def leppard all day, i'd hang myself, but it's because there's nowhere around i get to hear it that it's ace to come up there. and for a man who dislikes the music, you certainly seemed to be getting into you air cricket :D

/x

Guest Jake Wifebeater
nah, it's not often that you find a place that plays that stuff all night. don't get me wrong, if i had to listen to def leppard all day, i'd hang myself, but it's because there's nowhere around i get to hear it that it's ace to come up there. and for a man who dislikes the music, you certainly seemed to be getting into you air cricket :D

Suppose so, right enough. I've never lived in the sticks so I guess I've been spoiled. And Air Cricket has nothing to do w/the music, it's Plan B if there's nobody there worth winching. More bodies needed for it, I'm sick of bowling AND fielding when that spawny fucker whacks a six.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i'd be interested to see the kind of responses you'd get for adverts put up around town looking to put together an air cricket team!

In the Mudd Club days, I toyed with the idea of forming an entire air band. We'd have the obligatory air guitarist, air bassist and air vocalist and drag a stool onto the dancefloor so someone could play air drums. Perhaps even air keyboards and an air groupie or two. Air Cricket it is though, more fun to watch than the hair-throwers.