aberdeen-music

Home Delivery Network Limted

Chris

if u checked on yell.com u would get the phone number for home delivery network is it the aberdeen depot that u need the number for cause iused to work there and know the number. also when u used ur tracking number to check on ur parcel status did it say recieved into depot cause if it didnt then that means its on its way and hasnt arrived yet.

Did you specifically search for your old work on this forum? Seems a bit strange if you didn't, and then pulling up a 2 year old thread...

there not that bad if u have ever worked for a delivery company u would know how mad it gets and the drivers work all the hrs they have to although u do get some useless drivers who get them selfs signed off with stress which puts all the other drivers under added pressure cause not only do they have there area to cover but they are given the sick drivers area to cover aswell and its not small areas they deliver to.

here, have a comma

comma-splice.JPG

I got a pile of my amazon stuff delivered through them.... it got checked into the aberdeen depot at 9:33am and was with me that afternoon.

Nae complaints from me :)

Perhaps they've improved their service in the 2 years since this thread was started.

Though I've had plenty of equally shit service from other delivery companies this year. One even had the cheek to send me a text telling me my item had been delivered after I'd just gone to the depot to get it myself after the next day delivery failed to appear the day before.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Called them, they wouldn't have delivered it today. Going to get it myself!

i have this problem with them all the time when i order from ASOS, on next day, but they say they don't do next day delivery, min 72 hours!!! Laugh of it is it's at the bottom of my work's street! grrr

I was going to order a guitar effects pedal from from a store in south of england not so long ago. Decided to call up and verify it would be next day delivery like they said on the shop website. When the guy asked where it would be delivered to i said Aberdeen. He didn't know where Aberdeen was so i said NE Scotland. His reply: "Oh we don't do next day delivery up past Dundee" I asked why and was told " its up in the highlands and would be up to 3 working days".

I never knew it takes 3 days to get from Dundee to Aberdeen. They would still charge for next day delivery as well even though it wouldnt be.

I hate couriers. Why can't everything just be Royal Mail? They actually deliver on weekends too, and will take it to your local depot or Post Office for you if you're not in, which there's plenty of, instead of one courier depot out in the arse end of nowhere which isn't even open outside of 9-5.

• 1 month later...

I had a great wasted day today waiting on a parcel. The only estimate they could give me was between 9 and 5.30. Thanks, so any time your open then.

Stayed in all day waiting for it by 5 phoned them up and went through all there stupid menu things to get through the Aberdeen Depot. Then they said it was out being delivered and they couldn't get hold of the driver, they said it would deffinately get here today though.

Just re checked the tracking and it now turns out it got taken back to the depot. So the history now reads it arrived in aberdeen yesterday and they just drove it around for a day and didn't deliver it or tell me this so I could do anything with my day. Thanks for wasting a day of my life DHL.

Bastards. [/rant]

I never knew it takes 3 days to get from Dundee to Aberdeen. They would still charge for next day delivery as well even though it wouldnt be.

A lot of companies still work out their charging on postcodes, and the difference between a DD postcode and an AB one can be the crucial difference. When I stayed in Laurencekirk (AB30), one such company put their delivery lead on a parcel at three working days with a 10.95 charge. When I gave them a mate's address out towards Edzell (DD9), that became two working days, and 6.95.

Difference between the two? Errr, 5 miles.....

• 7 months later...