aberdeen-music

What we all doing for christmas then?

delboy

The Station on christmas eve then, if I'm still there, downtown to Diva's (or whatever it's called this year) on boxing day. Hooray.

Yay, the Station on Christmas Eve then Boxing Day at the Vennel (Sorry it will never be Diva's to me!). Two of my favourite Stonehaven traditions.

Cannae wait!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Working Xmas day and Boxing day, suits me, can't be fucked with the whole charade. It'll be tough for my best friend, her mum died on Xmas day a few years ago so I'll be there if she needs the proverbial shoulder.

Me and the family are off to my Mum and Dads for Christmas dinner for the first time in years.

After that it's a case of sitting on my arse doing fuck all until the 3rd. New Year is probably my least favourite time of year, so I try and avoid doing anything if I can. It doesn't help the Missus having a large family who insist on the whole first-footing thing. I'm not even allowed to get smashed anymore (not even a single drop!) to make the whole shebang pass quicker...

It doesn't help the Missus having a large family who insist on the whole first-footing thing. I'm not even allowed to get smashed anymore (not even a single drop!) to make the whole shebang pass quicker...

Sorry am I missing something?

you have to go first footing and not drink......!!!

And the point of that is...?

From 5pm on Christmas Eve till the 27th, I'm not working, so I'll be eating my body weight in Christmas food and then sleeping infront of the BBC's line-up of classic Christmas films.

Then I'll either be travelling down to Ayr to see family, or they'll be coming up here. After that, I'll probably be sleeping off the food and then waking up again roughly around 4pm on the 31st.

I can't decide whether to buy Christmas presents now, or put all my money into scratchcards and have the chance of buying better Christmas presents, or none at all.

I'll be having the traditional family Xmas up in Fraserburgh, same as every year. Me, my parents, my sisters and all their various offspring at my mum's house. Dinner is served right after the Queens speech every year! Follow that with a couple of nights out in the Broch.

New Year I was hoping for just a quiet one, but I know my flatmate and all my mates are going to see Wet Wet Wet at the Bells and will all pile back to mine afterwards so chances of getting any kip are minimal.

Guest onlynik
Touch the tree and the macbook gets it :p

I'm feeling a bit pissy about having to work between Xmas and new year but tbh I wouldn't be doing anything exciting anyways (the usual sleep and drink combo), so I suppose I have little to complain about. It's not really work on days like that anyways. I imagine productivity will be minimal.

I plan to watch DVD's and drink cider in my spare hours. If it snows I'm rolling myself down to Duthie Park to build a snowpenguin.

The time between Xmas and New Year is great to work, as in reality you can

a) Get heaps done as there is no-one to bother you and hold things up

or

b) Generally arse about as all managers are off, I have witnessed some crazy things at christmas, including indoor cricket with random office supplies.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Blimey, it gets worse. Late shift Xmas Eve, on-call during the night, late shift Xmas Day, on-call during the night, early shift Boxing Day. Merry fucking Christmas.

Oh well, worth about £400 over 3 days. Not too shabby, and off for 5 days over New Year.