aberdeen-music

[GIG] Element 106 + The Holy Folks + The Unknown Heroes @ The Moorings Bar

www.myspace.com/e106

We are a 5 piece Metal band from Aberdeen, Scotland. Personnel changes and usual obstacles/challenges aside, we are ready to rip...our new songs are testament to that!! The best is to come though: 2007 is the year for us to move up a gear, the heavyness gets heavier and the melody gets more melodic. Could give a massive biog but to be honest we just want the music to talk from now on.

www.myspace.com/holyfolks

Nuetral Milk Hotel, Ivor Cutler, Lach, Jeffery Lewis, Tom Waits, NWA, Bob Dylan, the eels, Schwervon!, Dead Blonde Girlfriend, Dufus, Flaming Lips (only they stuff they did early 90s), The Beatles.

We're Influenced by Everything really: From the New York Antifolk Scene to the indie/pop shite you read bout in fad magazine NME. From the great Bowie, Queen, Beatles, Stones, King Crimson, Cash, Dylan LPs your dad owns to that pumping new Crunk tune lil jon shouted all over.

www.myspace.com/theunknownherosband

The Unknown Heroes band are an indie/rock band from the Aberdeen area. They play a set of songs that will make you sing along and bop your head at the same time. They have played together as The Unknown Heros since June 2005 and have shared a stage with amazing bands since January 2006 such as The Cazals and The Heights.

The Holy Folks are awesome, can we do an anti-folk metal song with you guys?:laughing:

Haven't checked out The Unknown Heroes, maybe you guys are unknown, well Im sure your not, Im sure you are heroes though, whether its in an unknown or known sense Im not sure but yeah, will check out your Myspace page.:up:

Actually, you can't be unknown, I have heard of you. Nice tunes btw.

The Holy Folks are awesome, can we do an anti-folk metal song with you guys?:laughing:

Haven't checked out The Unknown Heroes, maybe you guys are unknown, well Im sure your not, Im sure you are heroes though, whether its in an unknown or known sense Im not sure but yeah, will check out your Myspace page.:up:

Actually, you can't be unknown, I have heard of you. Nice tunes btw.

those are actually fairly new recordings.

we're playing the lemon tree if anyone fancys coming along?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-events/39773-gig-short-notice-tears-grace-unknown-heroes-flaming-katy-lemon-tree.html

Woods :)

• 5 weeks later...

yeh good gig i thought the Holly Folks were fucking ace only caught one song of Element 106 i liked it though!!!! i would like to state the fact that the fighting wasnt anythng to do with us. the people who were fighting were there to see us yes but none of the band knew them the were actually friends of friends of friends. tghe person who was attacked was actually my uncles good friend who was going for a cigarette at the time. due to this distruption we have been told we are not allowed to play in moorins again apparently. this is total bull shit. just beacuse a couple of pricks dicided to beat up a guy who was just going for a fag. this shouldnt mean we should get the blame its not our fault who comes to see us play. hopefully this will be resolved .... but doubtfull.

yeah it was a cool gig (bar me bein a muppet and forgetting to stick my strap lock on then it (the strap) falling off mid song and my jack fucking up yet again (not because it hit the ground or anything. . )

cool sound, cool atmospere, cool bands. i couldnt catch the other bands as my head decided to explode in a migraine (gutted) but i know they'd have rocked :)

and yeah i echo justins thing on the fighting, i knew no-one who partisipated (ah curse my spelling) hell i didnt even know what happened till afterwards.

but meh, things happen, although nothing like this has happened before at any of our shows (as far as im aware).

Woods

x

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when the fight broke out but the crowd was a bit rough last night. Got a fair amount of shit when I was working on the doors but John was there so it was fine, a lot of drunk idiots.

It's a shame that Unknown Heroes have been told they can't play at Moorings again, maybe you should have a word with Flash and explain you don't actually know the people that were involved in the fight...?

Yeah, John and Flash got them out quickly and dealt with them. Police arrived to take statements. At least the guy that got glassed was okay afterwards.

It was a shame that some idiots had to start a ridiculous fight.

Other than that it was a good gig, listened (couldn't see the first two bands due to being at the hatch with my back to the stage lol) to all the bands but didn't stay for all of Element 106's set, I was too tired.