aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Munky_Rules

Moorings Video

I find the music a bit derivative and unoriginal but well played, visually you are way too static and boring to watch, you don't look like you are enjoying it very much, have you played many gigs?

Thats my opinion, sorry its not to positive.

G...

Awesome, now if we could just get some fuckin gigs sorted.

Everywhere is looking for bands, just get off your asses and do something about it.

Everywhere is looking for bands, just get off your asses and do something about it.

like?

we have tried everywhere in aberdeen,looking into dundee area now tho so hopefully someone will like us enough to give us a gig

mate.

walk into drummonds

ask for eric.

say "we are a band, we have friends who are in bands. we can confidently promote a night and get a decent crowd, can we please book a night?"

chances are he'll say yes.

If you prove to him that you can promote the night well he'll probably let yo book more nights.

Even simpler, mysapce message the tunnels, say you are looking for dates and you can pull a crowd.

Chances are you'll get offered a slot.

Simple.

This screams 'welcome to the OC bitch'.

Wait a minute?

I hope this isn't because of the chord sequence they are using?

That style of music is open for everyone not just people from USA?

Anyway, it is a bit generic and boring but there is potential. You need to liven up your performance and get listening to more music so that you are interesting to watch and you hear. If I was to sound more of an arse I would say you need to add more dynamics in your music.

It's all at the same speed and time pretty much and it doesn't progress to much as a song.

Regarding getting gigs, record a decent demo and send it to venues and promoters.

If you want a lsit of promoters and venues then go to Granite City Guide or go to the links button at the top of the page(next to info and media).

Hope that helps at least.

great these are all very helpfull dudes,but we are just starting out the moorings was only our 3rd gig so give us a chance to get into our groove and hopefully we can entertain a bit better,although to be fair when i did make the effort to jump a little i kept falling over the step the drums sit on it was most annoying

as for our music i am well into our songs especially a song we have called persevere and this song(another year,another heartbreak)was only 5 days old when we played it and i think it sounded good myself.

as 4 the demo thing we are going into the studio.hopefully end of jan,start of feb to record our better songs as the ones on myspace are not that great and is not really letting ppl hear the better side of us so keep an eye out 4 the good stuff.

Wait a minute?

I hope this isn't because of the chord sequence they are using?

That style of music is open for everyone not just people from USA?

Nah, it's 1/3 the chords, 1/3 the whining and 1/3 the american accent by the singer, which is what I meant.

Sorry I offended you in my opinion towards your video/music.

You did ask for feedback though.

so basically "what your sayin" is you dont like our music?

note;what your sayin is the name of one of our songs,pun intended