aberdeen-music

Pardew Sacked

Sam 45

Dammit I shoulda read this thread with the 7/2 odds!!

i know!!!! i couldn't really see anyone else getting the job - quite a challenge for curbishley, the weight of expectation at upton park after last season is huge. i felt sorry for pardew he was a victim of his own success but it appears he had lost the dressing room and managers are based on results, nuff said!

Disgraceful way to treat Pardew, he's done a lot for that club, I hope he gets a decent job. It's pretty obvious that fanny Glen Roeder's days are numbered at the Toon, maybe Pard can get in there.

I reckon due to the massive injury situation he might get a bit more time. The team have showed glimpses of great football, this just needs to be more consistent.

I reckon due to the massive injury situation he might get a bit more time. The team have showed glimpses of great football, this just needs to be more consistent.

He's still struggling to pick up the pieces from Graeme Souness tactics which were "sign every midfield player on the market and no defenders or strikers"

He's still struggling to pick up the pieces from Graeme Souness tactics which were "sign every midfield player on the market and no defenders or strikers"

Don't even mention Greame Souness. There are sometimes when i find it very hard to remain a Newcastle supporter, Greame Souness being the mainr eason for that along with "Newcastle Interested In Fernando Ricksen" and "Newcastle Interested In Peter Crouch".

That's a nice bit of photoshopping on your avatar Del, it really does look like a Cambridge United player holding some silverware. How did you do it, retouch an old B+W photo?

that is occasional captain (we've had about seven diff captains this season - long story) proudly lifting the cambridgeshire professional cup pre season thus meaning we have already won a tropy this this season.

(ok ok we had to play one match against neighbours histon who are top of the nationwide south at the mo, and it took penalties to win it after a 0-0 draw but when you have endured the kind of misery i have in recent seasons you have to marvel at winning any trophy, and it is a rather fine looking cup!)

be kind of ironic if pardew was offered and took the charlton job if it became available, dont think that fella reed is suited to actual management, he comes across as more a back room type chap.

i think roeder will be given more time, i mean they had 13 players out injured and still put up a battling performance against chelski the other night. plus their form has vastly improved recently and they're doing pretty well in europe.