aberdeen-music

beta testing

Mr.Mike

I've often wondered exactly what beta testing is and how it works and was wondering if anyone here might be able to shine some light on the topic?

Am I right in thinking it involves getting members of the public to test software while it's being developed? is it the same as play testing? finally, how would someone who was interested get involved with such tests?

I ask because with Halo3 looming on the horizon I wouldn't mind testing it out before it hits the shops...

Guest onlynik
I've often wondered exactly what beta testing is and how it works and was wondering if anyone here might be able to shine some light on the topic?

Am I right in thinking it involves getting members of the public to test software while it's being developed? is it the same as play testing? finally, how would someone who was interested get involved with such tests?

I ask because with Halo3 looming on the horizon I wouldn't mind testing it out before it hits the shops...

Software testing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What beta testing involves can vary depending on what needs to be done, but from my own experience it's maily just rooting out bugs and reporting them. This can be in a early version of the game, right to a "release candidate" which is as the name suggests, very close to a final version. I beta tested the game TrackMania United earlier this year.