aberdeen-music

Cheapest way to get to Paris?

Hog

Cloud, Paris is romantic and my girlfriend hasn't been to Paris.

Fair enough :p

BA is probably your best bet if you can put up with a 4 hour+ travelling time, plus the hassle of changing planes in either Birmingham, Manchester or London. Otherwise, Air France is the way to go, but it's 260 with them as opposed to 120-ish on BA.

We flew with Ryanair last year from Prestwick for like 40 each return.

You need a 45min bus ride once you land in the suburbs of Paris, but it was no hassle at all.

Try their website!

Are you kidding me? Flying to Beauvais is hell. And when you count the cost of the bus ticket into Paris from the airport, plus the costs of getting to Prestwick, it makes way more sense to just pay the extra and fly direct from Aberdeen with BA or Air France. Beauvais Airport is an absolute shithole (it's a marquis). Check out Lastminute or Expedia. Failing that, a lot of the airlines do a major sale in January so you could hold out till then.

What, that whole fiver bus ticket into paris? My god no..... I thought it was a nice change and got to see a bit of the surrounding countryside. I really don't care what an airport looks like, with the whole 10mins I was there on the way in. Worked out great for us.

Ah well, can't please them all.

And it's not exactly expensive to get to Prestwick.

Still a lot cheaper than £300 flights.....

We were 28 euro each, each way to get into Paris. Plus we had to bus it to Glasgow, then £7 each bus to Prestwick and spent £50 in a B&B so we could make our flight the next morning. Which by the time we added it all up, was more expensive than flying to Charles de Gaulle. Plus we found stress the next morning of having to treck all the way to the other side of Paris just to make a 7am bus was just unnecessary after a great weekend. And if you're stuck in an airport with barely any seats for two hours and virtually nowhere to get food, you're gonna be really irritable by the time you get home. It totally put a dampener on things.

We were 28 euro each, each way to get into Paris. Plus we had to bus it to Glasgow, then 7 each bus to Prestwick and spent 50 in a B&B so we could make our flight the next morning. Which by the time we added it all up, was more expensive than flying to Charles de Gaulle. Plus we found stress the next morning of having to treck all the way to the other side of Paris just to make a 7am bus was just unnecessary after a great weekend. And if you're stuck in an airport with barely any seats for two hours and virtually nowhere to get food, you're gonna be really irritable by the time you get home. It totally put a dampener on things.

That sucks. It all went great for us. No delays or hassles or having to hang around too much. I guess it's pretty hit or miss huh?

Ah well, can't please them all.

And it's not exactly expensive to get to Prestwick.

Still a lot cheaper than 300 flights.....

Hog's trying to be romantic though, a 4 hour trip to Prestwick would put a spoiler on things...I know I'd be killed if I took my girlfriend somewhere nice like Copenhagen for a weekend, only to drag her to East Midlands Airport for the flight :p