aberdeen-music

Bouncers at Exodus.

Lemonade

Guest inc18457

this is possibly the most pointless argument/discussion since "are the beatles overrated?".

i know what i've heard/said. you don't.

you have your opinions, which i'm not going to change.

i'm out of here.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
i think a more valid and concerning argument is the state of cleanliness of the place! the bar and club are disgusting, and from what i hear from friends, the beer is always suspect, flat or warm! maybe they need to close for a week or two to really sort the place out! obviously that will never happen, due to the amount of money that place must make...

I'm almost 100% sure that an entire refurbishment is taking place after the christmas/new years rush dies down.

this is possibly the most pointless argument/discussion since "are the beatles overrated?".

Um, not really. Someone told us their story, other people added theirs and a discussion over the best way to go about things. Personally I've seen people chucked out for stupid things like "Dancing too much" or Looking as though they are enjoying themselves. ALthough I've also seen things happen which should have got people thrown out but didnt. A couple of weeks ago I saw someone do something and heard that someone completelly unrelated to the incident got removed. ALthough when someone I knew collapsed a while back the Bouncers were very good in dealing with it, making sure he was safe for an ambulance to come, even though it involved stopping people from leaving the club cause he had collapsed in the stair well.

Although nothing had happened to me personally to date I've seen people manhandled out of clubs, people I know mostly for not doing very much if anything at all and heard stories of similar things. This thread is a good way for people to make their problems public and hopefully get them sorted, so I can't see what the problem is.

I do find it quite interesting a handful of people are slating the doorstaff at Exodus. Going from past experiences, student bars are one of the hardest places to work in due to the clientele. Of course it can be different to a rough bar with fights always going on but the biggest difference with students and non students is that students have the skill in winding people up. Imagine yourself as a doorman. night after night you receive abuse and patronising comments from the sutdents coming in or leaving. Students obviuosly like to drink in excessive amounts and that makes it very difficult to deal with. If you have to deal with that night after night, it does make you seem you are a misserable person.

Now like I said, a handful of people have been complaining here but on the whole whenever I am in Aberdeen, I always hear great things about the club. Being the suspicious person I am, I believe half the posters here are not telling us the whole truth. PErhaps you were kicked out of the place for being too drunk, too boisterous or whatever, but you want to take it out on the bouncers.

A great trick that bouncers have to learn to do the job is to tell little white lies. Refusing someone for being too drunk may not be the only reason they are getting knock backed, it could be for another reason but if they were to say that reason, it could trigger aggression. The job of a doormen is a very difficult job an dI could honestly say from experience of night outs ni Exodus, they are doing a good a job as possible. But people do tend to bend the truth for why they were thrown out of a place and find this very suspicious.

They would not drag you out like that. Especially with the CCTV available there and the number of witnesses. Believe it or not, but if this did happen, the police would be straight there and have the doorman arrested.

They would not drag you out like that. Especially with the CCTV available there and the number of witnesses. Believe it or not, but if this did happen, the police would be straight there and have the doorman arrested.

I wasn't actually personally involved in the incident i saw, but yes they did remove the guy in a violent manner and he was dragged down the stairs by his head/neck.

The person involved was thrown out for being very drunk but he wasn't being violent towards the bouncers when they manhandled him down the stairs.

Imagine yourself as a doorman. night after night you receive abuse and patronising comments from the sutdents coming in or leaving.

Being the suspicious person I am, I believe half the posters here are not telling us the whole truth. PErhaps you were kicked out of the place for being too drunk, too boisterous or whatever, but you want to take it out on the bouncers.

A great trick that bouncers have to learn to do the job is to tell little white lies.

They would not drag you out like that. Especially with the CCTV available there and the number of witnesses.

Simple. You put-on a thick skin & you dont let it bug you. I've worked in jobs where you take at least as much shit from people & not found it a great problem. I also doubt most folk are expecting happy lads either, just proffessional & who apply a degree of fairness. If you can't manage that, you simply shouldn't be on the door, end-of.

Except that some of us have have taken shit from them when dead sober & behaving in a restrained manner.

Nope, doorstaff can be held accountable for anything they say & should not be telling any sort of "white-lie." They can however decline to give a reason, which is perfectly reasonable/legal.

Sorry, you are talking shite here. I'm afraid I've seen/been on the edge of, all too many incidents similar to the ones described - Some I'd say the response was proportionate, others, most emphatically not & been dead sober the vast majority of the times I've been in there. Some of their bouncers have indeed been excellent but there have been others who are far too full-on/confrontational/violent. I doubt CCTV makes a lot of difference if they are not monitoring/learning from it.

I do find it quite interesting a handful of people are slating the doorstaff at Exodus. Going from past experiences, student bars are one of the hardest places to work in due to the clientele. Of course it can be different to a rough bar with fights always going on but the biggest difference with students and non students is that students have the skill in winding people up. Imagine yourself as a doorman. night after night you receive abuse and patronising comments from the sutdents coming in or leaving. Students obviuosly like to drink in excessive amounts and that makes it very difficult to deal with. If you have to deal with that night after night, it does make you seem you are a misserable person.

Now like I said, a handful of people have been complaining here but on the whole whenever I am in Aberdeen, I always hear great things about the club. Being the suspicious person I am, I believe half the posters here are not telling us the whole truth. PErhaps you were kicked out of the place for being too drunk, too boisterous or whatever, but you want to take it out on the bouncers.

A great trick that bouncers have to learn to do the job is to tell little white lies. Refusing someone for being too drunk may not be the only reason they are getting knock backed, it could be for another reason but if they were to say that reason, it could trigger aggression. The job of a doormen is a very difficult job an dI could honestly say from experience of night outs ni Exodus, they are doing a good a job as possible. But people do tend to bend the truth for why they were thrown out of a place and find this very suspicious.

what a load of rubbish. i freely admit when i was ejected from the premises they had every right to ask me to leave and those who know me would agree that had they done so i'd have accepted that and grabbed my coat. instead the bouncer stubbed a cigarette out on my forehead and physically ejected me from the club. so don't try and say people are just exaggerating to cover up their own drunken behaviour.

i appreciate a doormans job is difficult but that's their problem and they should maintain a professional approach and attitude despite any hassle they get. i'm sure they knew what they were getting into.

the police will only act if there's a complaint or if they see it. they have a hard enough time most nights dealing with the general public without having to police the bouncers as well.

A few months ago, I was wondering up to the door and a doorman said to me "Are you a bit more sober today?" I was afa perplexed. I turned round to him and said "What?" and he "reminded" me that I got kicked out on Friday for being far too drunk. So I said to him "Nah, wasn't me, I wasn't here on Friday" to which he replied "You had far too much to drink, I'm not surprised you don't remember". So, again, I told him that wasn't me and that he had the wrong person. His attitude went slightly more aggressive when he told me he "never forgets the face of people he kicks out". He didn't seem too impressed when I told him that I was working at Moshulu all of Friday night, so couldn't physicaly be in 2 places at once. He never took it back, but did immediately say "I'm not knocking you back, but just take it easy tonight".

I think mistaken identity might be a reason for some bouncers behaviour. Anyway, that's that only bad experience I've had with the bouncers there, and it wasn't even bad. Generally I'd say "Sometimes not the friendliest people, just get on with their job".

Also, I'm sure most of the bouncers are perfectly nice people when they aren't working.

I do find it quite interesting a handful of people are slating the doorstaff at Exodus.

Compared to the club going population of Aberdeen there's only a handful of people on these boards, but what's being said here isn't something that I haven't heard out-with these forums. I'm naturally a suspicious person too but then, there's a good ol' saying about suspicion: there's no smoke without fire.

Any hassle I get is due to Dave being in the week before, smoking on the dancefloor...

there's smoking on the dancefloor

But you better not kill the groove

Dj, gonna burn this goddamn house right down

some drunk guy called gary came upto me in ma's the other day convinced i was you, he really wouldn't believe me. i think you went to college with him.