aberdeen-music

Bouncers at Exodus.

Lemonade

I would stress that if you do have a genuine grievance then airing it in public on this site is not going to help your chances of reconcilliation. If any libellous or defamatory material that directly affects the pub's business is aired on this thread they would be within their rights to ask us to delete such material. This puts me in a tricky situation and I hope everyone here understands the position I'm in. I and the rest of the staff will moderate this thread as usual and we ask that everyone complies with the forum rules.

I sincerely hope anything written on here does affect their business. It's up to the club management to ensure that they are giving out a good public image. (This is a public website after all) If they don't like the image they are giving out then they should make changes.

I never go to Exodus anymore after years of shite from the pig ignorant doorstaff.

i tend to shy away from exodus due to the treatment i received a few months ago but i should stress that up until that point the bouncers had never even looked at us funny and we'd gone pretty much every week for a long long time and were certainly not shy on the dancefloor.

i'm certainly not boycotting tk's though, there's just other places i'd rather go these days. like the tunnels, whose bouncers are super cool and didn't even get annoyed when i almost bust their hand with the door into the main tunnel.

Guest bluesxman

I turned up on my own one night because the work night out I had been on were going to Espionage and I hate that place and knew folk who were in Exodus. The doorman refused me entry on grounds I had had enough even though I was walking and talking perfectly well. So I ended up in Espionage anyway and for that I never forgive the c**ts.

Defamation is only defamation when it's not true. So if the business isn't doing their upmost to protect it's punters then they damn well deserve to get slated on a public website. It's called business. If they don't deliver, they don't get the punters money. Simple as.

I can very well believe that this stuff is going on, I've never witnessed it, but I hardly think that there's a group of people that have gotten together and said lets tell lies about exodus. If people think they have been treated badly at Exodus, they have every right to say so, without this stupid defamation crap.

Defamation is only defamation when it's not true. So if the business isn't doing their upmost to protect it's punters then they damn well deserve to get slated on a public website. It's called business. If they don't deliver, they don't get the punters money. Simple as.

I can very well believe that this stuff is going on, I've never witnessed it, but I hardly think that there's a group of people that have gotten together and said lets tell lies about exodus. If people think they have been treated badly at Exodus, they have every right to say so, without this stupid defamation crap.

Fine & very true - It is the proving of it & doing so on this this board that concerns me. Fighting an action costs a shedload of money & hassle. It wouldn't be the first time that some absolutely culpable organisation (eg Robert Maxwell, Scientology UK) has effectively stifled just this sort of discussion by simply using threats of action against those who can't afford/be up-to fighting it. :(

Guest Neutral
They must have been in a really fowl mood on Saturday. Got myself a shiny month ban because one of the - usually cool - bouncers was being really obnoxious and wouldn't let me in to give my sister her jacket. After 15 minutes of bartering when the club had closed I punched the massive wooden door in a bewilderment and frustration; I was subsequently grabbed and shouted at.

Yas Min.

Go to Star and Garter dont pass go

petition to get them to put up more cctv?

Not entirely convinced that is the answer?

Although I recognise its value after the fact, in some situations, the overall concept appalls me. I'd rather see some proper & professional standards of conduct & management being applied to stop it happening in the first place.

If that is the case, anyone with cause to complain in the last 30 days should get-in a written request for any footage to be at least held as "questioned." Write to the management/company data controller & IIRC, you only need to be accurate to @30mins each way for the time concerned.

Unless the police are involved & have questioned the footage themselves, if you get any sort of refusal, fobbing-off or are told that the footage has been "lost" in some way, that in itself is a serious matter & worthy of a complaint to the Information Commisioner.

Applications to view the footage - you won't normally get a copy unless legal action is in progress. Are normally subject to a £10 fee but IIRC, questioning itself, without viewing should not cost at all.

Full info & guidelines here:

Scottish Information Commissioner | Webpage

The site may be slanted towards public-bodies but the basics still apply to both public & private concerns.

petition to get them to put up more cctv?

Exactly what I was going to say. Surely dragging someone down the stairs by their hair/neck is assult in *any* context. I understand bouncers are allowed to use reasonable force, but I can't think of many circumstances where possible spinal injuries really qualify as 'reasonable'.

I think the problem is inconsistancy. I've been at Exo with my boyfriend and gone out to smoke having been there half an hour at most and not been allowed back in because apparently we're too drunk. We waited til the bouncer has swapped posts with someone and had no problems getting back in with different door staff.

Another point about Exodus: I'm never there at the weekend so I don't know if there is actually a cloakroom or not, but why isn't there one midweek? Surely it's busy enough to warrent it and there's nowhere to leave jackets safely in that place.

Exactly what I was going to say. Surely dragging someone down the stairs by their hair/neck is assult in *any* context. I understand bouncers are allowed to use reasonable force, but I can't think of many circumstances where possible spinal injuries really qualify as 'reasonable'.

There lies the problem. You can have the best CCTV system on earth but if management is not paying attention to it or don't have their own folk on the floor, to try & monitor the potential other sides/implications of the situation, its effectiveness is somewhat limited.

If what Gumby says is so, it looks like they already have a reasonably useful tool at their disposal, which could be better used?

Guest Neutral
I was once made to rejoin the queue to get my hand stamped - despite having been in the club for several hours - when I know that the bouncers have stamps.

Well you should have made sure your hand was stamped before you went for a cancer stick, its your fault not theirs

Well you should have made sure your hand was stamped before you went for a cancer stick, its your fault not theirs

do you work for exodus, why the fuck are you trying to defend the bouncers when its clearly obvious that they have pissed off alot of people, we cant all be making it up

do you work for exodus, why the fuck are you trying to defend the bouncers when its clearly obvious that they have pissed off alot of people, we cant all be making it up

He is a bouncer elsewhere. I suppose it's sort understandable he'd stick by a bunch of casual aquaintances, though surely these Exodus jerks are giving bouncers in general a bad name?

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned that if you have a complaint about the boucers that you should take note of their license numbers and report the individual in question.

Except that we only have a local licencing scheme & TBH, I have completely lost faith in anything that involves any part of the council hearing complaints. IME, with them involved, something will only happen if it suits someone else's agenda.

However, full SIA licencing for Scotland is due sometime next year & that indeed may prove an effective change.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned that if you have a complaint about the boucers that you should take note of their license numbers and report the individual in question. I've threatened to do it in the past and the bouncer in question changed his tune rapidly when I asked for his license details - note: I was not thrown out myself, I was perfectly sober at the time.

The problem is though, when people have had a few drinks not only do they not think about these things they don't get a chance to take the license number down whislt being thrown as their ability to concentrate and remember the number or simply take it down on their mobile phone if they have one) is reduced.

I don't smoke. I went out to speak to a friend, on the way out I asked for a stamp from the bouncer at the top of the stairs (positioned AFTER the booth where you pay to get it) I was already in the club. He refused and told me I had to join the queue for one. I didn't have to pay to get in though as I was there before midnight. It was still bloody ridiculous though.

I don't think that bouncer has a stamp as the cloakroom is right beside him and they have the stamp. And to be honest it doesn't really take long to get a stamp from the cloakroom, does it?