aberdeen-music

Bouncers at Exodus.

Lemonade

All I can say is, if you have a problem with the doorstaff, your best course of action is to take it up with the manager during the daytime, as you're much more likely to get a hearing when the pub's quieter and there are no doorstaff going about.

The fact is that Triple Kirks are supplied with doormen from an outside firm and only have limited influence on who they get on the door on any given night. Bear in mind that this is the same firm that supplies Aberdeen Uni union, O'Neills and The Lemon Tree, among others.

Yes, unquestionably the best course of action.

Interesting, I could say a few things about the conduct of some bouncers at two of those places. In fact, they are about the only places in Aberdeen wnere I have anything to say about door-conduct recently.

Once (a very long time ago) a few us went and only one of us didn't have ID so instead of turning us away they said that if two of the girls kissed they'd let us all in. Now thats professionalism.

I have to say, again from having friends on the staff & spending a fair bit of time there a while back, there were a few occasions when I did wonder about some of the doorstaff blurring the line between their working & social lives. And yes, I do appreciate what some of the characters & situations they have to put-up with are like. I also have to say that I remember a (hopefully former) junior manager (although where the bullshit ended & the management responsability really began & ended, I can't say) at TKs whose management decisions seemed to be driven by his pants rather than his head.

I also have a more recent bit of oppressive/twat-bouncering to report as well. However, I was dead sober at the time & didn't take too kindly to being grabbed & manhandled - I think the guy concerned realised that & moderated his behaviour when I made it quite clear I was already leaving.

I would be interested to know if the door/stairs to Exodus are covered by CCTV, as that is the place most popular IME.

There's definitely something about Exodus bouncers, for whatever reason. I never have trouble anywhere else but I now flat out refuse to go to Exodus ever again if I can help it. Same experience as others - getting refused entry even though I was completely sober, getting thrown out for no reason at all, seeing others getting shocking treatment etc. etc.

Maybe Exodus has some kind of Shining-esque effect on bouncers, turning them into delusional psychopaths... Is Triple Kirks built on an ancient Indian burial ground by any chance?

The bouncers are 'legally' allowed to use reasonable force only to remove patrons. The bad old days should be gone but obviously not... The only way to deal with this unprofessional and illegal activities is to report them to the police and make a formal complaint, as well as voting with your feet and not going back.

Having worked quite a few seedier doors in my time I would suggest that the ovrall attitude is a great deal improved and professional. I also remember the police not being awfully big fans of many doors/doormen in town. Probably because they were sanctioned thugs! Still plenty of bams on the doors though and they are probably very complacent due to no one actually bothering to report them. There are licenses to lose these days and all reports will be taken seriously.

J

last night, got told im banned cos i called the manager a cunt once. funnily enough Iw as in the other day and some big guy, apparently qa manager, said "hoi, how come you called me a cunt" but was then quite nice to me,c os i didnt mind, and he knew me brother and his mates, who are in the military and apprently quite hard. fuck knows, i da miond callin anyone a cunt, but the bouncers are pricks regardless.

What a bunch of pricks. I know so many people who have had bother with them throwing their weight around unnecesarrily. Last night me and my mate were just standing at the bar chatting, honestly not doing anything wrong and 4 of them came steaming up to us and told us we had to get out. When we dared to ask why we were being asked to leave we were tackled and dragged down the stairs, my mate by the neck and me with my arms twisted up my back, with a couple of sneaky punches thrown in, and literally thrown right out the door. We hadn't even done anything wrong, nor were we told why we'd been chucked out.

A few months ago another of my mates was thrown on the floor and dragged down the stairs and had his head bounced off every step on the way down. When he got to the bottom he got up and asked the guy why he'd done it and the bouncer said "I didn't drag you you fell down the stairs on your own." My mate went to another bouncer who had seen the whole thing and was told that he'd seen him fall down the stairs on his own.

How can these wankers get away with that kind of shit?

Regardless of the bouncers position, that is assault.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Personally I've never had any bother at all with the Exo bouncers which is surprising considering what a scruffy little troublemaker I generally look like ^_^

Snap on all counts. I rarely go to Wipe, but the few times I've gone, the door staff have been pretty sound and friendly. Never seen any bother.

The bouncers are absolute wankers, every one of them. We have been thrown out on many times for stupid reasons. One of my friends got banned for ages for 'drinking on the dancefloor', we are all banned now for singing scotland songs in triple kirks after a scotland game which i find totally ridiculous, they werent nasty songs or anything just cheering on our nation. Some more of my friends got completely battered last week and both had to go to hospital. I find it absolutely ridiculous and something needs to be done. The amount of times weve been thrown out for 'overly enjoying the songs' when you see a bunch of neds having fights and are allowed back in the next week. Weve never started fights and get on with most of the staff but are not allowed in because sometimes we dance too much. Weve always accepted to leave when told but its absolutely ridiculous. Especially the irish cunt, he's a complete knob

I find it absolutely ridiculous and something needs to be done.

Agreed. Here's what I suggest. Everybody who's had issues with the bouncers at Exo at any point in time, or has witnessed someone else get rough or unjust treatment PM me with details of what happened or what you saw, and a rough idea of the date of the occurence. Once I have a few I'll write a letter outlining my greivances from Friday and also how sick everyone else is at the treatment they've recieved there and also how some people are afraid to go back, citing all these stories as examples, and I'll send it to the manager of TKs, the manager the Scream group and the head of Option 1 security who supply the doorstaff. I would suggest Scream and TKs would take it very seriously, it can't be good for business having your customers beat up by the very people who are employed to make sure everyone is safe.

Which might be a bit of problem for this thread? The sort of thing that might get it deleted/closed?

Discussing the general cuntishness of some bouncers is quite different to identifying specific ones (unless you have good witnesses).

That's very true.

I simply hate to see people getting wrongly labelled as racist. And it's pretty important that gag reflexes don't go flying off the handle this scenario, as the allegation would likely blunt their claim.

They must have been in a really fowl mood on Saturday. Got myself a shiny month ban because one of the - usually cool - bouncers was being really obnoxious and wouldn't let me in to give my sister her jacket. After 15 minutes of bartering when the club had closed I punched the massive wooden door in a bewilderment and frustration; I was subsequently grabbed and shouted at.

Yas Min.