aberdeen-music

Bouncers at Exodus.

Lemonade

What a bunch of pricks. I know so many people who have had bother with them throwing their weight around unnecesarrily. Last night me and my mate were just standing at the bar chatting, honestly not doing anything wrong and 4 of them came steaming up to us and told us we had to get out. When we dared to ask why we were being asked to leave we were tackled and dragged down the stairs, my mate by the neck and me with my arms twisted up my back, with a couple of sneaky punches thrown in, and literally thrown right out the door. We hadn't even done anything wrong, nor were we told why we'd been chucked out.

A few months ago another of my mates was thrown on the floor and dragged down the stairs and had his head bounced off every step on the way down. When he got to the bottom he got up and asked the guy why he'd done it and the bouncer said "I didn't drag you you fell down the stairs on your own." My mate went to another bouncer who had seen the whole thing and was told that he'd seen him fall down the stairs on his own.

How can these wankers get away with that kind of shit?

One time I was sitting at a table with my mates in Exo, a bouncer came up and told me he had "reason to believe" I was in possesion of drugs. I stood up, he frogmarched me out of the club and downstairs and searched me in full view of the entire queue outside, patted me down, made me empty out my pockets, my wallet my fag packet and so on, and he didn't find any drugs so he conceded that I could go back in. When I asked for an apology I was told to fuck off and that I was lucky I wasn't getting kicked out.

Not long after the smoking ban came into force Dave got some shocking over the top treatment from them after he forgot about it and sparked up on the dancefloor. I'm sure he'll give the full details but it involved stubbing the cigarette out on his head.

One of them pissed me off last week by telling me to take it easy and pointing out how drunk I looked when I walked down the path to the door. The fact that I'd only had a couple of pints at a gig beforehand and was still pretty sober, not to mention that when i walked up he was IDing 5 guys and couldn't have even seen what state I was in seemed to elude him. Prick.

the bouncers at exodus really are some of the worst I've ever experienced. Whilst never suffering any physical problems from them (they stick to verbal abuse with me) I have witnessed people being handled in the ridiculous ways. the worst I've seen was a guy being bent over backwards by one guy whilst being choked by another. Other ridiculous situations include ID'ing people who're blatantly over the age of 21, never mind 18 whilst allowing 16yr old sluts into the club and nearly snapping a guys arm behind his back whilst he screamed "ok ok I'm gonna leave just please let go of my arm!" I understand that they have a hard job to do and that clubs do need doorstaff but that lot are far too heavy handed.

It'd be nice to be able to report these cunts to the management but I doubt it'd do any good. I'd much rather get a lynch mob together and kick the living shit out of them one friday night...

Guest Neutral
I remember having a go (though in a rational manner, no shouting/swearing etc) at someone who was working on the door there after they dragged Maxi out of the club and down the stairs by his neck. Said bouncer then refused to let me back in and wouldn't call for the manager.

when working we represent the manager

What a bunch of pricks. I know so many people who have had bother with them throwing their weight around unnecesarrily. Last night me and my mate were just standing at the bar chatting, honestly not doing anything wrong and 4 of them came steaming up to us and told us we had to get out. When we dared to ask why we were being asked to leave we were tackled and dragged down the stairs, my mate by the neck and me with my arms twisted up my back, with a couple of sneaky punches thrown in, and literally thrown right out the door. We hadn't even done anything wrong, nor were we told why we'd been chucked out.

A few months ago another of my mates was thrown on the floor and dragged down the stairs and had his head bounced off every step on the way down. When he got to the bottom he got up and asked the guy why he'd done it and the bouncer said "I didn't drag you you fell down the stairs on your own." My mate went to another bouncer who had seen the whole thing and was told that he'd seen him fall down the stairs on his own.

How can these wankers get away with that kind of shit?

were you the guy who tired to bribe his way back in and then threw a coin off of one of them?

when working we represent the manager

Yes, but if i've seen someone who's done nothing is manhandled in a dangerous and unsuitable manner down a set of stairs and want to report it to a member of management (who was not party to the event) then i have a right to do so. I could have called the police, but in the circumstances i didn't think that was necessary and only would have aggrevated the situation.

They were being unreasonable and negligent, end of story.

I've heard countless stories along the same lines as this about the Exodus bouncers, although personally, I've never had anything out of order happen to me. The Exodus bouncers have thrown me out on countless occasions, and I'm always of the opinion that if a bouncer tells you to leave, you just have to leave and not argue as you'll never change their mind.

The bouncers there are a bit strange. Once (a very long time ago) a few us went and only one of us didn't have ID so instead of turning us away they said that if two of the girls kissed they'd let us all in. Now thats professionalism.

xxx

a) That's shocking

b) Did they do it?

The collective breath of Aberdeen is held waiting for DJ Dave Milne to weigh in with some hefty but diplomatic verbal blows!

Personally I've never had any bother at all with the Exo bouncers which is surprising considering what a scruffy little troublemaker I generally look like ^_^

Neither have I, but they are always rude and I know people that have had trouble and seen them rough up people that I don't know as well.

were you the guy who tired to bribe his way back in and then threw a coin off of one of them?

Unfortunately no, much as I would have liked to bounce a coin off one of their neeps, just as we came flying out the door two coppers were walking past and saw us having a go at the bouncers and advised us to walk away, which we did.

Unfortunately no, much as I would have liked to bounce a coin off one of their neeps, just as we came flying out the door two coppers were walking past and saw us having a go at the bouncers and advised us to walk away, which we did.

they wouldn't let the guy back in to get his coat, which is no excuse for throwing coins. but still, he was left to be cold with just a t-shirt and advised to come back in the morning. i thought that was pretty rubbish.

There's definitely something about Exodus bouncers, for whatever reason. I never have trouble anywhere else but I now flat out refuse to go to Exodus ever again if I can help it. Same experience as others - getting refused entry even though I was completely sober, getting thrown out for no reason at all, seeing others getting shocking treatment etc. etc.

Guest Kilgore Trout

triple kirks upstairs is ding, ave nae been there since playing a fudgenight years ago with sirius and lapsus lingue. vote with yr feet people. dont go, then u avoid the bouncers.

LOL ROLF ASSMNCH ETCERRA.

it is ding though,

simply because i said so.

stubbing fags out on dave officer is not on...