aberdeen-music

new material

Stripey

It's been a long time since I posted any music, so here's a rough mixdown of a track I've been working on recently, part of an ongoing project which I hope to have finished in the next few months. It was mixed on headphones and its a 112kbps stereo mp3, so it might not sound beautiful but you will get the gist of it anyway. Please feel free to be honest about what you think of it.

http://totally.kicks-ass.net/hot/stripey--081206.mp3

(right click, "save link as"...)

• Upvote 1

Guest bluesxman

'Tis very, very good, gave it a few blasts there. Reminds me of Sabres Of Paradise/David Holmes/Death In Vegas dark 'n' dirty film scorey style stuff, which is the electronic music I love. More product in this vein please, far better than the dancier stuff you posted before. In my humble opinion of course.

Perfectly pleasant little ditty....didn't excite me but also was the right length that I didnt get bored....

That would be a good bit of music to accompany footage of cars competing on the Paris Dakar rally, can you picture it....with slow-mo bits 'n' stuff....i'll get my coat...

It's been a long time since I posted any music, so here's a rough mixdown of a track I've been working on recently, part of an ongoing project which I hope to have finished in the next few months. It was mixed on headphones and its a 112kbps stereo mp3, so it might not sound beautiful but you will get the gist of it anyway. Please feel free to be honest about what you think of it.

http://totally.kicks-ass.net/hot/stripey--081206.mp3

(right click, "save link as"...)

Nae muckle bad :up:

Perfectly pleasant little ditty....didn't excite me but also was the right length that I didnt get bored....

That would be a good bit of music to accompany footage of cars competing on the Paris Dakar rally, can you picture it....with slow-mo bits 'n' stuff....i'll get my coat...

Or the opening music to a new hospital drama?! Hemmin, that's my jaiket!

Nae bad though, I like the drum sound also.

interesting, I am hoping to get into doing music for ads/tv. Again, thanks for listening.

Its stunningly hard to break into, an ex keyboard player for Pallas (Mike Stobbie) now makes a decent living from it, but he was able to put bread on the table by doing session work (he's London based) until he made some contacts.

Its stunningly hard to break into, an ex keyboard player for Pallas (Mike Stobbie) now makes a decent living from it, but he was able to put bread on the table by doing session work (he's London based) until he made some contacts.

It seems like a realistic way to earn some actual money out of music, but I suppose the equivalent of being a session musician in the context of what I do is being a producer, which is what I am. Any takers? ;)

It seems like a realistic way to earn some actual money out of music, but I suppose the equivalent of being a session musician in the context of what I do is being a producer, which is what I am. Any takers? ;)

Out of interest, what would you be interested in getting involved in as far as production is concerned...?

Anything where my approach would be appropriate or useful.

Ok so I guess what i'm trying to draw you on is.....if off the back of this you were approached by some local guitar based band who were interested in you being involved in the production of a four track cd would you give it a go?

Ok so I guess what i'm trying to draw you on is.....if off the back of this you were approached by some local guitar based band who were interested in you being involved in the production of a four track cd would you give it a go?

I'd give it a go yeah, assuming all the recording had already been done.