aberdeen-music

Forgotten food

Paulscoconutass

Since when was it 'ok' to stop selling some of the nicest sweets / crisps and chocolate? Remember Hula Hoops shoks? (Those tiny crips with the massive flavour) Mountain Dew? Chrunch chocolate? Nerdz?

Where did they all go and why is globally sweet be the only place that stocks most of the forgotten foods? (and more to the point, why do they get away with selling them at 4 times the RRP?)

Please add your own junk foods that deserve a mention!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cremola foam

I found that in asda last year and bought it GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADZ Min its was utttter shite no joke....Tasted like flat soda streams...LOL who remebers soda streams lol

crisps

Meanies 5p

The REAL space raiders (nae thon shite they sell now that taste like there off)

real french frys nae walkers pish (altho i sometimes enjoy the walkers pishy version)

Sweets

Chelsea whoppers

REAL wham bars

some toffe had a cow on the wrapper cannae mind its name

real bon bons

Riesen chocolate chews. They were like a 40p visit to the dentists without anaesthetic, but god did they taste good :p

Roysters T-Bone Steak flavoured crisps. I see them from time to time in shops.

costcutter in ellon has a constant supply of both.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

what happened to globally sweet?

i miss everlasting gobstoppers, when they came in a box. ever since they changed to bag format, they sucked. now i doubt they even sell them. runts, nerds, dweebs and virtually anything made by wonka in the golden age.

Space Raiders have always tasted the same. They've always been the cheap version of pickled onion monster munch.

OK Drinks:

Hubba Bubba: The Drink

Quattro

Sweets:

Sull Crushers (the ones you get now arent proper skull crushers - the inside liquid used to be far gooeir)

Star Wars yoghurt - I think it was littlewoods used to do this with Gooseberry flavoured Yoda and Toffee Chewbacca

Garbage Pail Kids - did anyone buy these for the gum though ?

Cheers

Stuart