aberdeen-music

favorite album of all time?

ChildofBodom

Ooh interesting, please elaborate

it's not that interesting really, my friend knows colin from school and is the chap carrying the chair.

idlew1bw5936507733107800.jpg

i only found out recently when we were all at another friends having some dinner and drinking the night away. someone suggested putting on that album and his girlfriend went "oh you know that's **** on the cover?" much to our surprise. we were all mightily impressed, particularly myself as it's my favourite album.

and that's the story.

Pantera - Vulger Display of Power.

I prefer Cowboys From Hell to that.

I have a list of about ten which chops and changes, but if I had to commit myself to a number one it would be The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers.

And i prefer Gold Against The Soul to that.

As for my favourite album of all time, hmmmm...... I'm not sure at all. I'll have another think about it.

Guest bluesxman

I just don't get this Holy Bible thing at all. Other than Faster it's just not that great to my ears. Oh well, each to their own and all that.

It's a bit of a struggle to pick one album. But I'll go with 'Whatever You Love, You Are' by Dirty Three.

I prefer Cowboys From Hell to that.

And i prefer Gold Against The Soul to that.

As for my favourite album of all time, hmmmm...... I'm not sure at all. I'll have another think about it.

Haha...I agree and disagree.

I think that Vulgar is far far far superior to Cowboys!!

I agree that Gold Against the Soul is better. I'm one of these people that really doesnt get why people worship the Holy Bible record. I think you just have to be someone that was/is REALLY into the manics to understand what they were doing on that record. It's lost on me to be fair.

I'd have to say Vulgar is a much better record than Cowboys, yet the latter has my favourite Pantera song on it. Vulgar is just a much more complete album, with none of the hair metal hangovers from their early days still kicking about.

I don't know what my favourite album of all time would be. But I guess I'd choose from a shortlist that included ...And Justice For All (Metallica), Vulgar Display Of Power (Pantera), Rust In Peace (Megadeth), Around The Fur (Deftones) and Rage Against The Machine

I agree that Gold Against the Soul is better. I'm one of these people that really doesnt get why people worship the Holy Bible record. I think you just have to be someone that was/is REALLY into the manics to understand what they were doing on that record. It's lost on me to be fair.

For a while I preferred Gold Against the Soul aswell, it's got a much bigger, stadium sound, and some incredible songs. I think there are at least four songs on there, that are up there with some of the best stuff they've ever done.

The thing about The Holy Bible that makes it a really classic album is the fact it's more than just a collection of good songs, it's like a proper art piece, but it's a lot narrower in it's target audience than GATS. It's the kind of album that if it properly connects with you, it's incredible.

For a while I preferred Gold Against the Soul aswell, it's got a much bigger, stadium sound, and some incredible songs. I think there are at least four songs on there, that are up there with some of the best stuff they've ever done.

The thing about The Holy Bible that makes it a really classic album is the fact it's more than just a collection of good songs, it's like a proper art piece, but it's a lot narrower in it's target audience than GATS. It's the kind of album that if it properly connects with you, it's incredible.

The Holy Bible is near perfection. Gold Against the Soul is bloated stadium rock and it's only saving grace is a few good tunes in spite of the style and some decent lyrics. THB used to be my favourite album ever, but i couldn't say that anymore, although it would still be one of my favourites.