aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Live updates

When using the excellent Live Updates page some links to posts open in the current window and some in a new one.

When using the excellent Live Updates page some links to posts open in the current window and some in a new one.

Which links open where? If you can let me know then this should hopefully be fairly easy to fix.

From the current liveupdate page the Bandanas, where to buy them thread, frank turner covers postal service thread and the Howdy thread open in a new window. The which celebrity do you look like one does not.

actually it does now seem more consistent. Everything seems to be opening in a new window now (although I preferred it opening in the current window). Not sure why it wasn't this morning. I'll keep using it and let you know if it gets mixed up again.

actually it does now seem more consistent. Everything seems to be opening in a new window now (although I preferred it opening in the current window). Not sure why it wasn't this morning. I'll keep using it and let you know if it gets mixed up again.

It should be completely consistent now. I suspect you had the JavaScript include file I amended to fix this problem still cached when you first tried it.

I think it makes more sense for everything to open in a new window as you want to be able to switch back to the Live Update page if you go view a post, rather than go and open it all up again.

A thought just occurred to me about this. I can see deleted posts in the live update after they've been deleted. Is that the same for normal members?

A thought just occurred to me about this. I can see deleted posts in the live update after they've been deleted. Is that the same for normal members?

I'd hope not. :p