aberdeen-music

violin and cheolo player required for Post-rock outfit!

the scotsman

Hey, my name is Billy and i am living in Glasgow at the moment! I have previously been in the band Northern Inertia, which sounded like mogwai meets sonic youth. I am moving up to St Cyrus (just a bit south of Stonehaven) in January or February 2007. I'm wanting to start a project. A very ambitious project. I play guitar and have loads of material to work with. I play like Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Esmerine, Do Make Say Think, Sonic Youth and Mono. I have my own style which has some celtic/ethnic sound scapes in there. I have a set vision of where i want this music to go to. I want beauty and intensity in the music... and i feel that with a violinist and a cellist i can reach the desired peaks.

i haver already got my two friends on board (drummer and guitarist) who will deliver the sound i'm after.

The Drummer has a recording studio and obviously rehearsal space too, so jamming potential is at a maximum with no money needed to practice. My friend lives in drumlithie so a bit of a random place to go but it's amazing vibes up there. Also the guitarist lives in a house on the outskirts of Stonehaven where we can jam aswell for free!

Is anybody interested?

Kind Regards.

Billy.