aberdeen-music

my lunch

ben_1903

In my opinion folks who dont like homemade soup have had a tragic past.....Homemade soup aroma just reminds me so much of special occasions from my childhood........I make it all the time and it rocks ......I get my soup making skills from my nana.....

For todays lunch ill be having a lemsip.....Throat lozengers (sp) and maybe a another lemsip

soup is tremendous. i have it for lunch and dinner and a tenners worth of soup will last me over a week. yesterday i finished off my chickon broth (apart from the stuff i carefully filed away in the freezer, of course!) and today i'm back onto a frozen minestrone. this is all part of my £4 week plan! getting dinner at the lady's house tonight too. awesome!

and jaseyboi, the combination of emotional soup-related childhood stories and your new signature brought a tear to my eye!

/x

best soups are simple... boil about 4 large corgette's and like 20 carrottes (all roughly chopped) in a pan with 5 vegetable stock cubes for about an hour, then add some chopped up tatties and boil for annother half hour, blend the lot and you're left with a tasty as hell, nice thick soup. just a pinch of pepper and its deee-lish

Soup related stories are always the best. *Sniff*

Here is mine then!

After a long spell in hospital, which involved major surgery & having my digestion shut-down completely, I was considered well enough to start eating again. They began by feeding me soup, liquidised mush which my battered guts didn't take kindly too so I tended to bring it back up pretty rapidly.

Eventually, after a couple of weeks of this & still being a bit dozy because of the considerable amounts of medication, I had completely lost the ability to tell the difference between soup on its way down or on its way back-up again.

Then, they decided to start adding some solids - so I got soup/mush with some whole button mushrooms mixed-in. Later that evening, the nurse was changing my dressing & in amongst the gunk that was draining out of one of the holes in my in my chest, there appeared several perfectly button-mushroom shaped objects! 8o Which turned-out to be detached blood-clots but by then the damage was done! I have never been able to look at soup in the same way again & putting a plate of it in front of me is pretty-much garunteed to bring-on an involuntary hurl!

Here is mine then!

After a long spell in hospital, which involved major surgery & having my digestion shut-down completely, I was considered well enough to start eating again. They began by feeding me soup, liquidised mush which my battered guts didn't take kindly too so I tended to bring it back up pretty rapidly.

Eventually, after a couple of weeks of this & still being a bit dozy because of the considerable amounts of medication, I had completely lost the ability to tell the difference between soup on its way down or on its way back-up again.

Then, they decided to start adding some solids - so I got soup/mush with some whole button mushrooms mixed-in. Later that evening, the nurse was changing my dressing & in amongst the gunk that was draining out of one of the holes in my in my chest, there appeared several perfectly button-mushroom shaped objects! 8o Which turned-out to be detached blood-clots but by then the damage was done! I have never been able to look at soup in the same way again & putting a plate of it in front of me is pretty-much garunteed to bring-on an involuntary hurl!

Wow... never seen that comin' o_O

Hole in your chest??? Gadzzzz. I reckon everytime I eat soup from now-on I'll remember the holey chest bit and implode.