aberdeen-music

Wii

Guest Gasss

Who's getting one on Thursday night?

I'm 8th in the preorder queue at Gamestation, so I should hopefully get one this week. I'm planning on getting Monkey Ball, Zelda and Play (but only for Duck Hunt).

It's like being 10 again!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame most of the good games have been delayed (especially since Wario Ware is already out in Japan). I hope that Zelda + Wii Sports + SMB will be worth it.

I was hoping that this thread would make me feel like less of a saddo but it's had the opposite effect. If anyone wants to beat me up outside gamestation on thursday night, I'd understand.

It's a shame most of the good games have been delayed (especially since Wario Ware is already out in Japan). I hope that Zelda + Wii Sports + SMB will be worth it.

I was hoping that this thread would make me feel like less of a saddo but it's had the opposite effect. If anyone wants to beat me up outside gamestation on thursday night, I'd understand.

Believe me, I'd probably be there joining you if I had the money to spare right now, but I don't.

I was one of the first to get a PAL DS in this country becuase I purchased mines through Nintendo Europe's Stars Catalogue a week prior to it's launch (thanks to the Commander of Skulls for the tip), and I also wear the T-shirt that came with it now and again. :)

I was one of the first to get a PAL DS in this country becuase I purchased mines through Nintendo Europe's Stars Catalogue a week prior to it's launch (thanks to the Commander of Skulls for the tip), and I also wear the T-shirt that came with it now and again. :)

O.K. That's pretty sad. I feel better now!

:up:

okay, i've decided to get one.

what are my chances getting one this side of christmas? i take it they'll be sold out on release day.

where shall i ask.

Try non speciallist stores like John Lewis, supermarkets, argos, costco, macro etc. Failing that a pre order in gamestation to get in the queue so you can get on just after christmas..

gettin one from game on fri mornin + zelda, im not gettin my hopes up abou the new control system being the best thing since sliced bread cause when i got a DS i thought, its a nice change but at the same time wasn't blown away by the new way of playing. so i'm having this expectation about the Wii, but can't wait to play zelda, rumoured to be even better than ocarina of time?!?!

Shortages arent as bad as they were first expected to be.

For example we were told to stop taking preorders at toys r us and told we probably would recieve enough to cover them, when in fact we got excess.

If you fancy a mad dash at toys r us on friday morning, there are 10 going...

Needless to say ive had mine reserved for forever, probably going to take home red steel, zelda and play for the banter.

They are sexy machines though, the remote is FAR smaller than i had expected, how ever it feels very comfortable even in my large ET-styled hands. And the neon blue cd-sucker in bitty is just ace.

Some choice quotes from passing drunks while waiting in line outside Gamestation on Union Street:

"Youse are sad"

"Fuckin' geeks!"

"Is this a record store?"

"How much is it to get in?"

verdict:

Wii: quiet

Remote: small

nunchuck: light (£15???)

classic controller: shite, stick with your gamecube pad

wii sport: tennis, golf and bowling are good, boxing is annoying, I haven't tried the rest

super monkey ball: really good though not as good as the first one

zelda: I haven't even opened it yet because it's 3am

Some choice quotes from passing drunks while waiting in line outside Gamestation on Union Street:

"Youse are sad"

"Fuckin' geeks!"

"Is this a record store?"

"How much is it to get in?"

verdict:

Wii: quiet

Remote: small

nunchuck: light (15???)

classic controller: shite, stick with your gamecube pad

wii sport: tennis, golf and bowling are good, boxing is annoying, I haven't tried the rest

super monkey ball: really good though not as good as the first one

zelda: I haven't even opened it yet because it's 3am

Nice first impressions. I'v spent the day selling these and answering phone calls with 'No, not unless you have pre-ordered'. Still havn't played one though.

Anyone had a shottie on Red Steel yet?

I crumbled and got one. First impressions are good. Wii sports is ace, especially the bowling.

The interface of the console is something special, with customisable 'Mii's' and even weather reports available from the front screen.

Red steel seems pretty good, but tough to get used to. Hopefully after a couple of more hours I will feel more confident about the controls.

I havn't fired up zelda yet, but fully intend to soon...