aberdeen-music

Some new additions and features...

Neil

Although I haven't been posting any recent announcements about new and upgraded parts of the web site there has been some work going on in the last couple of months. Some of you may have spotted some changes here and there but to summarise and to make you all aware here has what has been added/upgrade on the web site recently:

- A new Live Update page has been added (link to it is under the Search menu) and updates in near real-time showing every latest post made to any forum. A useful page for all you people that site on the web site all day hitting Refresh. :p

- Member profile pages now show the last 4 photos/images uploaded to the Galleries by the member in question.

- Member profile pages also now show the last 5 reputation comments left for the member in question.

- The Jukebox page now shows a Top 5 most listened to tracks on it.

- The software behind the Articles, Links, Galleries and Forums has all been recently upgraded.

- The Arcade section has also been recently upgraded with considerable improvements made to the Tournament feature.

- A number of new sub-forums have been added to the General Discussion forum. The Books and Gaming & Technology forums being the latest additions.

Can I please remind people to take notice of the sticky threads in the Gigs & Events forum and News & Announcements forum. These threads explain what is appropriate to be posted in these forums and as all content to these forums is moderated then please make the staff's lives easier by following the advice in these sticky threads.

I've had to delete a number of events that have been posted in the Gigs & Events forum (and hence added to the calendar) because they were unsuitable (e.g. the gig was in Glasgow!). I've also had to delete a number of threads posted to the News & Announcements forum as they were also unsuitable. Remember, it's for significant news and announcements so threads such as announcing you have a new song up on MySpace is not going to make front-page I'm afraid.

Any questions or comments then please just reply to this thread or post them in the usual forum. Thanks.

how come when an arcade tournament is full it sends a private message, BUT doesnt send me an email telling me i have a new message like normal, and doesnt popup on the screen like a normal message does?

how come when an arcade tournament is full it sends a private message, BUT doesnt send me an email telling me i have a new message like normal, and doesnt popup on the screen like a normal message does?

Because it's not a "proper" private message from another member. It's an automatically generated one. Maybe in future versions of the Arcade they will improve this.