aberdeen-music

Biggest disappointment of 2006?

medichi

So which album has let you down? For me:

Isis - In Absence of Truth

They used to be great - distinctive, intelligent and heavy. Now they sound like they've fallen behind all the copycat bands that sprung up around them. Seriously disappointing album. No great tunes/riffs/emotions etc. Bo and indeed hiss. Lucky IntrOnaut have begun to pick up the slack....

Na, i think its a bit above you anyway. i wouldn't worry about it, not your fault.

Why? I listen to Meshuggah, John Zorn, Fantomas, Ulver, probably no more "out there" than Tool. Its just simply not a good album, I have heard earlier Tool stuff which is way better.

Dont see why you should be patronising just because I personally dont enjoy an album.

the new incubus albums pretty dire compared to there other stuff and im a big incubus fan!!!!! damn them!!!!

You'd never guess it from your former band, I thought you guys were more of a Slayer fan type bunch...

Gwen Stefani's new album. Seems like dire, generic 'whatsinthecharts' tripe compared to the wanton popdancefun of her last effort. Boo.

hmm...i had that quite high on my 'to get' list...it might get shunted down a few places now.

Definitely get a Decemberists album if you haven't, I just personally wouldn't start with that one. I'd probably start with "Castaways and Cutouts". I should probably also give "the Crane Wife" another chance. It seems to be getting great reviews.

Also, I haven't heard any of the other albums on the disappointment list, so maybe I haven't heard any truly disappointing albums (except the new Killers album...I heard one track off of it, and it wasn't so good).