aberdeen-music

Fat Hippy Sampler Vol. II

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

The big release show was last night and all 250 'free with entry' copies were shifted...probably a good few sold too. I've not had a chance to listen to the whole thing but there's some cool stuff on it without doubt. Feedback time! :up:

Fat Hippy Records Sampler: Vol 2

RIGHT HAND LEFT - Payback

10 EASY WISHES - Gone to Japan

KENETIC - Charlie's Fascination with Guns

THE LORELEI - Home

CAPTAIN FACE - Return of Horace Batchelor

Colon Openbracket - Syntax

EDDISON - State Dependant

PAGE 6 - TV Radio

EDGAR PRAIS - Is She a Dancer?

THE X-CERTS - Weather Warning

WILDCARDS - Chemical Killing

BLACK ATOM - Greed for Gain

HOT MANGU - Bang Bus

KING LOUIE - Cry Wolf

THE SIDE - The Circle

ELEVATION - Spanish

AMY SAWERS - Cowpunk Ditty

MR. GAVIN MCGINTY - The Rat Race

DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR - Stars (Acoustic)

TALK SHOW - Lost

:up:

It's a must buy this christmas!

Guest bluesxman

Got a copy yesterday in One Up. First impressions were that overall the recordings sounded much better than some that were on Volume 1. The variation in styles on this one is less satisfying I feel. I really liked the Deadloss Superstar and Amy Sawers tracks.

just listened through it for the first time. The first thing that hit me was how average the RHL song was. I'm obviously missing something there but it really bored me.

The songs that really rose above the rest for me were The Lorelei, Edgar Prais, King Louie, Amy Sawers and Deadloss

Guest Kilgore Trout

personally i think the cd is worth the 3 just for the amount of listens i'm getting out of the Hot Mangu song. it would appear to fascinate me, its like its from a different world.

Guest Kilgore Trout

this cd sounds really good compared to other stuff out of toms that i've heard in the past, decent recordings. the bands are uniformly awfull though, the eddison track is so repulsively smug its beyond belief! seriously though a lot of it sounds exactly the same, is there a kind of "aberdeen vocalist" effect thats available? it seems to have been used a lot on this. Aye, good recording work but ding bands, i'm fair impressed by the quality of the sounds- so dont tell me you cant polish turds.

out of interest i do find the hot mangu track fascinating, its just too "aberdeeny" for me to listen to without feeling sick, i'm assuming they are ripping off a more competent outfit for thier ideas/ if not whole sound: can anyone recommend me a band of thier ilk thats listenable?

tidy though.

merry x mas you spastics.

i meant scope's.

• Upvote 1

tehee

i like how you "assume" that they are ripping off another bands style

if under seige taught us anything then its "assumption is the mother of all fuck ups"

does it sound "aberdeeny" cos they're from aberdeen?

that is strange..

should we start recording in perth to get that "perthy" sound?

as far as im aware they mostly just play whatever they want

they are a band afterall

tis what bands do

they're music mostly sounds like the stuff that they listen to..

maybes try listening to megadeth, primus, faith no more, system of a down and maybes a bit of jimi... all at the same time.. see if that helps... although it might just give you a headache

:]

Guest Kilgore Trout
tehee

i like how you "assume" that they are ripping off another bands style

if under seige taught us anything then its "assumption is the mother of all fuck ups"

does it sound "aberdeeny" cos they're from aberdeen?

that is strange..

should we start recording in perth to get that "perthy" sound?

as far as im aware they mostly just play whatever they want

they are a band afterall

tis what bands do

they're music mostly sounds like the stuff that they listen to..

maybes try listening to sugababes, marroned five, early europe, and justin currie... all at the same time.. see if that helps... although it might just give you a headache

:]

twat, every time you use "tis" you go down in my estimations big style!

anyhow a quick trip round ipecak/mike pattons discography rendered hot mangu massively useless. i'm happy now, i can listen to the same type of thing done 100% better! YAY!

wowsers! no hard feelings though, i wish all who sail in ship mangu the best of luck, and that track is very interesting - its on my mp3 player and i'm no doubt going to catch the band live and buy some of their stuff.

are you really totally unaware of the " aberdeeny" sound?

luv and hugs,

peace out.