aberdeen-music

tom waits brawlers

Guest Kilgore Trout

Guest Kilgore Trout

anyone got the new 3 cd issue? i'm toying with the idea of downloading it but it cuts into to my quota on e-music , i was planning on downloading maybe a cd a month to pace myself. anyone recommend which batch of songs to go for first?

anyone got the new 3 cd issue? i'm toying with the idea of downloading it but it cuts into to my quota on e-music , i was planning on downloading maybe a cd a month to pace myself. anyone recommend which batch of songs to go for first?

Apparently it comes with some really cool packaging and a book and stuff, personally I'd buy it rather than download it.

Guest Kilgore Trout

iggy vs. tom waits in the coffee shop

Apparently it comes with some really cool packaging and a book and stuff, personally I'd buy it rather than download it.

i might do later on, sadly enough a lot of the stuff i download legally i end up picking up later on in real cd format- just for the stuff you mentioned, even though it comprimises my cd storage facility. On a hunch i'm going to neck the "bastards" disc first.

Consider it three albums for 25, and it's great. The Brawlers disk is a gem with some fab riffology going on. Buy the cd! The packaging is worth the additional few pounds over the download. I managed to score myself the ltd edition 7" vinyl, which made my day. For Waits fans it has everything across the 3 disks and for newbies, again it has everything. Hours of listening fun!

The track 'Road To Peace' is one of his rare religious/political lambasts and one of the stand outs, for me...

JUST BUY IT.

:up:

I really want to buy it, but it's 25 quid in One Up and I can't justify spending a quarter of my CD budget for the week on one album. It will eventually come to nestle among all the rest of his albums in my collection once someone puts a "sale" ticket on it.

you have a weekly cd budget of a hundred pounds?! o_O

i do hope the majority of that is work related or you earn way too much money. :)

I bought this from One up Yesterday. Listened to the whole thing once so far. Excellent artwork, images etc. So far Im really impressed with this album. I also got the 7" record, shame I dont have a record player, so I will just keep it somewhere safe.

I was (suprisingly) let down by Real Gone, it just wasn't very good. Maybe my expectations were too high after the awwesome "Alice" and "Blood Money".

Guest bluesxman

I got it on Amazon for 21 quid. It's allegedly 'limitd edition' so may well end up being increasingly harder to find and end up even more expensive. It's a great package and each CD has at least 18 songs or something so very good value.

I got it on Amazon for 21 quid. It's allegedly 'limitd edition' so may well end up being increasingly harder to find and end up even more expensive. It's a great package and each CD has at least 18 songs or something so very good value.

it is limited, in that Anti have deleted it already.

so I'd snag the CDs before you can't.

oh, and me being a softie, I love the bawlers cd.

Guest Kilgore Trout

packet of crisps

bungalo bill to you lot and your artwork fetish! i did download orphans, but havnae listened to it becuz i got Sepultura's dante(roman numeral roman numeral and a constonant carol) and it's affy good. Tom waits is the bomb tho' LOL etc............................i might go down to one up and have a look at the artwork though......chin chin!

bungalo bill to you lot and your artwork fetish! i did download orphans, but havnae listened to it becuz i got Sepultura's dante(roman numeral roman numeral and a constonant carol) and it's affy good. Tom waits is the bomb tho' LOL etc............................i might go down to one up and have a look at the artwork though......chin chin!

and watch how "youf" changes what matters, and what doesn't....

Guest Kilgore Trout
and watch how "youf" changes what matters, and what doesn't....

you're way to clever for me, on a lighter note why do you have a potty on your head in your avatar? the hoover i understand, but a POTTY? is that your outdoor sculpting get up or something?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kilgore Trout
The spoken word "songs" on this album are amazing!!!!

they are really good. the backlog in the spar was so long the other night i had time to listen to the whole of that song about the chinese woman that dupes Mr Waits into paying for her shopping. Damn Straight!