aberdeen-music

deleted posts

Guest Kilgore Trout

Guest Kilgore Trout

hiya!

i've an idea, when a post is deleted on these forums it would be really good to know why. some deletions i understand, others i dont. to save head scratching and to help us all grow as sensible forum users i reckon it would be handy.

Guest Kilgore Trout
In some cases we do tell the user why their posts have been deleted. In others the reason should be apparent without explanation. Read the forum guidelines for further information.

ya, i get you.

its just sometimes i get the feeling there's a real grey area going on around here.

Guest Kilgore Trout
Why would a good post be deleted?

Why do all the good ones die?

[tears well up]

when posts are deleted telephone wires coming crashing down and lie crackling in the grass, gass. well maybe only in the country.... i have a theory, i reckon Chris sells them to charity shops and they lurk beside old copies of Dune waiting to be discovered.

Why would a good post be deleted?

Why do all the good ones die?

[tears well up]

Sometimes it's in the wrong thread at the wrong time, sometimes it's because it's infected by another deleted post (or to give the infection it's latin name, deletus quotus) and sometimes it's just it's time.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I was going to ask why you keep on deleting a post that I keep on making regarding free tv shows etc.. I mean seriously.. no-one can be that naive to think that a post can destroy the webby.

Especially as the linked items originate from a Legal p2p Country. Regardless of our laws they're aint a thing that can be done to prosecute the linked material.

Anyways, stop it. I've got heaps of free shows, movies etc that I want to share with others and someone who doesn't seem to understand the nature of the post keeps on deleting it. :( Grr!

Yeah I was going to ask why you keep on deleting a post that I keep on making regarding free tv shows etc.. I mean seriously.. no-one can be that naive to think that a post can destroy the webby.

Especially as the linked items originate from a Legal p2p Country. Regardless of our laws they're aint a thing that can be done to prosecute the linked material.

There is no such thing as a "legal p2p country". It's legal to share some things and illegal to share other things - regardless of where you live, where the files are located or how you share them.

If you are posting links to the likes of TV shows or movies then these are likely to be illegal copies in most cases. If any of the staff here have the slightest doubt regarding the legality of file(s) linked to from this web site then the post(s) containing these links will be removed. Simple as. Keep your links for file sharing communities instead, but not here thanks.

There is no such thing as a "legal p2p country". It's legal to share some things and illegal to share other things - regardless of where you live, where the files are located or how you share them.

If you are posting links to the likes of TV shows or movies then these are likely to be illegal copies in most cases. If any of the staff here have the slightest doubt regarding the legality of file(s) linked to from this web site then the post(s) containing these links will be removed. Simple as. Keep your links for file sharing communities instead, but not here thanks.

Fair Enough..

Nice Sig :up: