Forum Feedback Forum

The Company Man - 19-11-2006, 21:45

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39816

Replies 4, views 67,

Forum General Discussion

Homophobia - Yesterday, 02:08

Replies 43, views 589,

These stats represent discrimination.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the users of this forum are more interested in gay sex than music.

(Although many of the commentators appear not to understand the meaning of the word homophobia)

As a disabled musician and composer who has experimented with new musics, and recorded with top players from the area, I find it very disheartening.

The constant rejection and ignorance displayed by those whom I once considered my contemporaries is almost too much to bear.

As an artist, I realise that one puts ones self on the line in ofering work to an audience, but this audience chooses to mute.

Why is this?

Is it my disability? Is that a discrimination?

Is it because I play synth? My disability prevents me from playing guitar.

Is it because I slagged the sponsor? I still maintain the sponsor should be seen, but should refrain from direct comment.

Is it because I refuse to put my work on "MySpace"?

Or is it as I am often made to feel an outsider, and not in a scene or clique, ???

Well, I certainly wouldnt/couldnt force any one to listen to anything that I ever made or said, I'm not that vain, but really, some people here need to open their minds.

As I said in another thread to about 3/4 people, thanks again for your support,

are you taking the piss? i can't tell if you're being serious or not.

i fail to see how people replying to a thread called homophobia but not replying or viewing a thread about your music represents discrimination. it represents uninterest in your music that's all. i do agree that it's a shame that threads about non music related topics get more interest than threads offering free tracks but it's not discrimination.

i don't think there's any great conspiracy behind the lack of interest, and i'm not saying that it's in any way deserved, it's just that the majority of people on this site aren't interested in that style of music. you should take heart in the few people who do take an interest and not those who ignore you. if it's any consolation we've not had a huge amount of interest from our threads offering free tracks either and we're a guitar band.

I get perplexed at threads of this nature...

Conspiracy theorists are still going strong then? Maybe, as Dave has stated quite well, that folk ain't hugely interested in your musical activities. Surley not a big deal...

Discriminating against disability?!

A disguised apology for playing synth instead of guitar?

I have a myspace for my own musical meanderings and don't feel the need to announce it as i'm not awfully bothered about folk critiquing it. Great feedback is always good for the artistic ego/persona but I'm not expecting anyone to give a 'merde'.

:love:

These stats represent discrimination.

The only word beginning with dis those stats represent is disinterest.

Is it my disability? Is that a discrimination?

Didn't know you were until now.

Is it because I play synth? My disability prevents me from playing guitar.

I don't care what you play, as long as you play it well.

Is it because I slagged the sponsor? I still maintain the sponsor should be seen, but should refrain from direct comment.

did you?

Is it because I refuse to put my work on "MySpace"?

Do you?

As you can see, the reason I've not listened to your tracks has nothing to do with your circumstances or beliefs, just that I can't be arsed spending some of my time listening to a piece of music I probably won't like (the words 1995 and 180 bpm are the clues for me there) and can be arsed even less commenting on the fact that I haven't listened to it.

Put Mr Paranoia back in his box. Bad Mr Paranoia.

Guest Neubeatz

Why has this been moved to "comments and suggestions"? it's about the music scene and attitudes of discrimination towards disabled musicians, therefore I posted it in "music discussion", it's just a testament to my original sentiment that some prostate moderator would try and marginalise such a thread by moving it to this forum.

Now you are copying and pasting the contents of Stripey's posts as your own posts? Okay, I know you admire the guy be at least make some effort of your own.

Anyway, I suspect the reason this thread was moved was because you were using the stats of posts and thread on this web site as a basis of being discriminated against. A fairly clear cut reason for moving the thread IMO.

Guest Neubeatz
Now you are copying and pasting the contents of Stripey's posts as your own posts? Okay, I know you admire the guy be at least make some effort of your own.

If another users post is edited to suit, there is no reason why it should not be copied.

I saw no copyright adjacent to Stripeys post and felt it entirely appropriate for my purpose.

There is legislation regarding discrimination against the disabled. The stats merely support and vindicate the issue.

IMO

The stats merely support and vindicate the issue.

IMO

Only in your mind do they vindicate the issue. To any rational person they don't in the slightest. But I look forward to hearing from your solicitor if you insist...

If another users post is edited to suit, there is no reason why it should not be copied.

I saw no copyright adjacent to Stripeys post and felt it entirely appropriate for my purpose.

There is legislation regarding discrimination against the disabled. The stats merely support and vindicate the issue.

IMO

I don't see any links between you being disabled (which i didn't know until i read this thread) and your music being shit (in my opinion). If you feel you have to make an issue about it to get attention then surely you're just setting yourself apart from everyone else and grasping for some sort of reason for people disliking your music.

have i missed something here?

are you complaining because you put a link to your music in a couple of threads and not many people liked/replied it?

Then when you started a thread based on a completely different subject (one that will always be certain to get a lot of heated debate going I might add...) and lots of people started replying, you felt that it was a case of people discriminating against the fact that you're a disabled synth player who doesn't have a myspace page?

if this is the case then I can't believe you've even taken the time to try and orchestrate such nonsense.

I certainly didn't know you were disabled before i read this. Sadly I still didn't like your music. Sorry if that upsets you but if you wanna be a musician you really need to learn to take criticism and not dwell on the fact that not everyone likes your music. As someone said earlier, be thankful that 3-4 people do like your music, it gives you something to build on.

honestly...

Why are you deleting my replies to what I find abusive, but not deleting the abusive posts?

My post isn't abusive, i said your music was shit in my opinion. If you can't handle someone not liking your music and saying so, then maybe being a musician isn't the right sort of vocation for you.

Guest Neubeatz
My post isn't abusive, i said your music was shit in my opinion. If you can't handle someone not liking your music and saying so, then maybe being a musician isn't the right sort of vocation for you.

I find you very abusive, and dont actually value your opinion of music.

Guest Neubeatz
What? The posts you quoted were in no way abusive to you personally, and your response to them was childish at best. We may have found the reason why people don't comment on your music...

Your ignorance belies own your status.

I find you very abusive, and dont actually value your opinion of music.

If you don't value his opinion of music (and therefore your music) then why do you find him calling your music "shit" offensive?

If you must insist on posting on this web site then please stop wasting everyone's time and post something constructive rather than this utter nonsense.

Thread closed.