aberdeen-music

APB + support

Jamie

APB + support

Saturday 30th December

12 (8 concessions and Regulars)

Doors open: 9pm Support: 9.30pm

Quite possibly the best band ever to emerge from the northeast, APB definitely have the most interesting story to tell. The Ellon trio released a series of funky, sparse and angular singles throughout the early 80s earning several Peel and Radio 1 sessions and what seemed like weekly appearances on Grampian TV. The records were picked up by club and college radio DJs in the US, particularly in and around New York, earning the band a large cult following in the area. Many trips to play live there followed, expanding their audience further, earning slots with James Brown and The Clash (which neatly sums up their sound) their own legendary headline shows at The Ritz and a number one record on the Billboard dance chart, 1985s singles compilation Something To Believe In cemented their appeal and, until its re-release this year, was fetching up to $450 on ebay and Amazon. After fizzling out towards the end of the decade the band have so far never reformed despite many offers. They have now at long last reunited for 4 shows in their East Coast heartland in the US and we are delighted theyve also agreed to perform this historic homecoming show.

Box Office: 01224 642230

Buy tickets on-line - http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=LEMONTREE&organ_val=22345&schedule=list&event_val=2694

Guest Neutral

For a minute there I thought it was Apoptygyma Berzerk - however you spell it

then I realised it wasnt and felt just a tad sad inside my aurora

Jamie - do you wear glasses?

• 2 weeks later...
I like their stuff but a bit too ska-punk for this one.

Really needs something funky and/or angular in the vein of Gang Of Four/Radio 4/Franz etc.

Christy from Edgar Prais said if they were looking for another support give them a shout so you could always try speaking to him. Or maybe, Kartta or Ghost of Bongo?

er..................................

you have heard of us right?

yahoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one more fan thats 4 now(the other 3 are the band members)

Ah i must say you are right. I apologise for ever doubting you, your band and your exceptional fan base.

PS. Ghost of Bongo for support i say.