aberdeen-music

Grand Final Tonight

Estrella

i would highly recommend no one ever plays a battle of the bands, although its nice to win something i never enjoyed the two gigs at all. There is something i just hate about competing like that with other bands. Instead of enjoying the music i spent more time wondering if they were better at this and that compared to us and to me thats not what playing gigs should be about.

i would highly recommend no one ever plays a battle of the bands, although its nice to win something i never enjoyed the two gigs at all. There is something i just hate about competing like that with other bands. Instead of enjoying the music i spent more time wondering if they were better at this and that compared to us and to me thats not what playing gigs should be about.

At least there was a moral to the story!

Well done

:up:

At least the best band (Kenetic) won out of the bands that were playing. Toy are pretty good too, but the other bands are pretty abysmal in my opinion.

Thank fuck Estrella didn't win. I don't think I could've taken much more of their blatant bollocks about "conquering their rivals to win the prize" and all the rest of it.

Fuck knows why they're even bothering, it's hardly a big secret that Luminar are desperate to get rid of their Jumpin' Jaks chain.

Really? I thought it was doing well given the amount of fliers and promos I see for it in Glasgow. There's little else that sickens me as much on a night out, thank goodness I've never had to step foot inside the place, it was bad enough being present in the 'glory days' of Amadeus...

Aye, i'm really glad Kenetic won. Lets hope they spend the money usefully.

I've already ordering several differerent 'brands' of drugs and hookers if anyone's interested? :D

I would have to agree with Milner though, never enter Battle of the Bands, not an enjoyable experience. Fine to have won but didn't enjoy the nights that much, couldn't really relax. Saying that, the fact that the nights didn't finish till 2 in the morning might have something to do with that as well....

Ciaranx

• 2 weeks later...

:laughing:

'We enter the stage feeling confident despite an energetic performance from "Blue Speckled Mitsu's" then being bored to tears by Keane sound alike's "kenetic".'

Just a little bit from Toy's blog...hmmm....sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. I mean, fair enough being bored to tears, but comparing us to Keane...Thats way bellow the Belt. I'm actually hurt!

On a serious note though, is it not funny how these bands can take a battle of the bands so seriously? I know that we can kinda say that we didn't care from the start now that we won it, but anyone thats knows us will know that that was our general opinion from the start to the finish (maybe cared a little more when the flashed 4 grand in fornt of us :D) but that was our feeling about it.

Anyway, the whole compitition was shown to be a farce the moment Stanley were knocked out. I don't care who got through instead of them, they are better than any of the other bands that played that night with us!

Ciaranxx