aberdeen-music

Demanding films?

Paulscoconutass

One of my favourite party memories involves having Eraserhead on in my living room. At least twice. It was a banging party.

You've got your good thing, and I've got mine.

I was there alone at one point during the second viewing. When people came in and tried to talk I just glowered at them.

so noone knows what mulholland drive is about then?

CRYPTIC SPOILER ALERT

It takes place on three planes of reality: the real, the imagined and the percieved. I hope that helps.

By the way there is no orchestra.

CRYPTIC SPOILER ALERT

It takes place on three planes of reality: the real, the imagined and the percieved. I hope that helps.

By the way there is no orchestra.

david lynch also gave 10 clues to help unlock the film's mystery

David Lynch's clues:

1) Pay particular attention to the beginning of the film: at least two clues are revealed before the credits.

2) Notice appearances of the red lampshade.

3) Can you hear the title of the film that Adam Kesher is auditioning actresses for? Is it mentioned again?

4) An accident is a terrible event... Notice the location of the accident.

5) Who gives a key, and why?

6) Notice the robe, the ashtray, the coffee cup.

7) What is felt, realised and gathered at the club Silencio?

8) Did talent alone help Camilla?

9) Note the occurrences surrounding the man behind 'Winkies'

10) Where is Aunt Ruth?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my favourite films is 'The Usual Suspects', which I guess fits this thread.

Has anyone seen Darren Aronofsky's new film 'The Fountain'? He did the films 'Pi' and 'Requiem for a

Dream', which are both really good in that sense. Might go and buy it if the reviews are good.

I'd recommend 'Open you eyes' too, which is the original, and better imho, 'Vanilla Sky'.

If you like anime, try out 'Perfect Blue'. Quite a weird horror/thriller which is worth a watch.

Although I didn't like it as much, 'I Heart Huckabees' comes under this style. A good watch, but seemed to come out trying to be too...complicated and philosophical.

Been recommended a film called 'cypher', as a good mindfuck. Yet to watch it though.

Has anyone seen Darren Aronofsky's new film 'The Fountain'? He did the films 'Pi' and 'Requiem for a

Dream', which are both really good in that sense. Might go and buy it if the reviews are good.

Looking forward to seeing that one. Soundtrack looks like it'll be a belter

The reviews have been mixed to say the least, it was booed by critics and Sundance and apparently takes multiple viewings to even begin to understand it. It's out in cinema's soon though, I'll definitely give it a whirl.

• 2 weeks later...
Been recommended a film called 'cypher', as a good mindfuck. Yet to watch it though.

Indeed it is, corporate espionage... Back and forth, twists and turns... Jeremy Northam is perfectly cast for the leading role, he plays the part so well!

The ending is fairly unpredictable, well I think so...

It was directed by the same guy who directed Cube I think, so you couldn't really expect anything simple, could you?

Primer. Oh my god! That film is a nightmare, you have to give it every ounce of your attention just to be able to get a basic understanding of it! In the end, if you give it a good watch, a fairly enthralling watch.... afterwards you may want to watch 5 hours of cartoons just to cool your brain down