aberdeen-music

even MORE computer help.

Metarie

Damn, someone make another forum!

OK, new computer is all installed and working perfectly apart from every 20 minutes or so a screen pops up, going on about how my Packard Bell product registration is complete and please check out the website for more details. It takes up the whole screen, toolbar included and only has one 'button' to press which says 'finish'. It exits the screen but doesn't stop it turning up. It's really annoying, how do I get rid of it?

Is there packard bell software installed on your computer? If so, I am sure there is a preferences section where you could turn it off.

Alternatively, try going into task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and see if you can identify which process is running which makes this happen. If you can find it, post it here. It may be called 'Remind.exe', but that is not a certainty.

Guest Neutral

The problem is that you bought a packard bell

The hardware is decent enough but the master disks are a pain

Call the up and ask them to send you an OEM copy of your OS, they have to do this and should charge around 10 - any higher and they are taking the piss since you've already paid for the os

Guest Neutral
nyah, parents bought it for me.

And none of this OME/OS crap, I'm a total computer retard, just spell it out for me.

I'm sure I don't actually have to pay to make this screen go away though, surely it's not *that* complicated?

ask them for a windows home/pro oem cd - one with only windows on it - not master disks

you dont have to pay to get it to go away