aberdeen-music

Department of the obvious - Most religious crime in west of scotland

Chris

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6187826.stm

The majority of Scotland's religious crime takes place in the west of Scotland with a third linked to football, new figures have shown

No fucking shit. I can't believe they had to do research to find that out. Further on in the article it elaborates even more and says most it's fuelled by alcohol!

What a waste of time.

It says that a third of religious crime is linked to football, not most.

Sorry, you're correct. I meant to write most religious crime occurs in west of scotland and mention the football link but I ran out of space and then lost the plot a little. I'll edit the title accordingly.

And i see that Catholics are the most likely to be a victim of religious crime than anyone else, with Cardinal O'Brien saying it isn't down to football and alcohol and so on, but rather "blatant anti-catholicism". I can't say I agree with him, i don't think Scotland is full of Catholic-haters but i would say that when people are fuelled by alcohol, they are more likely to do something which would seem to be anti-catholic, because quite frankly it isn't as frowned upon as anti-muslim, anti-semitic etc, behaviour.