aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Teabags

Fucking US troops in Iraq

Horrible yes, but if yer so outraged by how Iraqi civilians are treated at the hands of US troops, then really, you could do somethin' about it.

What, like bringing it to public attention?

What, like bringing it to public attention?

I think most are already aware of the many abuses of civilians, but granted, posting a thing of this kind is certainly commendable. However, rather than just complainin''bout it, though expressing such concern is a start, he could protest the war - that is take action where it most matters - in the streets.

I think most are already aware of the many abuses of civilians, but granted, posting a thing of this kind is certainly commendable. However, rather than just complainin''bout it, though expressing such concern is a start, he could protest the war - that is take action where it most matters - in the streets.

Instead of complaining about Thurisaz complaining you could be taking it to the fucking streets.

been to a couple of protests. you may not have seen me there dave, because theres alot of people at these things.

Said you weren't an activist. Certainly you've attended nothing in Aberdeen or have made it to protests in either Glasgow or Edinbugh via the Stop The War Coalition.

IM not an activist. and Ive been to a couple in Edinburgh. I dont do it through a colaition, I just go to protests. I work alot, so I dont have the time to go to all of them.

IM not an activist. and Ive been to a couple in Edinburgh. I dont do it through a colaition, I just go to protests. I work alot, so I dont have the time to go to all of them.

Granted activism involves a lil more than making it along to an occasional protest.

Regarding my point 'bout the Stop The War Coalition here in Aberdeen, perhaps I hadn't made myself very clear, but they'd arrange transport from Aberdeen to these protests. And sure, not everyone has the time to make everything, though every lil bit helps. Anyway, perhaps I am being a lil petty.

See, I never said I make it a weekend thing, organising transport, simply when ive been int he right place at the right time.

Anyway, being an activist or not does not take away or mean my feelings towards that video are any less relevant.

Its still an atrocity.

See, I never said I make it a weekend thing, organising transport, simply when ive been int he right place at the right time.

Anyway, being an activist or not does not take away or mean my feelings towards that video are any less relevant.

Fair points. Am happy to admit when I'm wrong.

The accents tell me they're american. The camouflage clothing tells me they're military of some sort. The thing on the back of the trilerw hich could possible be a gun-mount also possibly suggests a military vehicle.

Its not the best of evidence alone, but wether or not, the people filming it are still cunts.

Did anyone notice that at no time during that video do you actually see either of the participants talking? In fact' date=' there's nothing at all to suggest that the footage was even being taken from an army vehicle. I'm not saying it's a setup, I just don't find it particularly convincing evidence for misbehaviour by US troops in Iraq.[/quote']

Why would anyone fake a video like that? There is plenty documented evidence of "misbehaviour" of american troops in Iraq already, such as the soldier recently convicted of the rape and murder of a 14 year old Iraqi girl for example.

Why would anyone fake a video like that? There is plenty documented evidence of "misbehaviour" of american troops in Iraq already, such as the soldier recently convicted of the rape and murder of a 14 year old Iraqi girl for example.

Didn't the daily mirror or something fake prisoner abuse videos by british troops? There is a precedent.

Didn't the daily mirror or something fake prisoner abuse videos by british troops? There is a precedent.

That's less of a precedent and more of an anomaly, in the face of all the existing evidence for real abuse that has gone on in the last 3 years.