aberdeen-music

kenetic + ... to the rescue (edin.) + longhorn (edin.) + decipher = sat 9.12.06

The Ghost Of Fudge

We are bloggers.....

-------------------------------------------------

Pirates, ninjas, pistols and a change of date

What a weekend...

It was To The Rescue's first trip to the fabulous Moorings Bar in Aberdeen last Saturday. I'd like to state for the record that if Aberdeen was closer, I would live in the Moorings, growing fat on Lucifer beer and mammoth pizzas whilst avoiding the perils of flaming pint glasses and quiet assassin ninja type fellows.

For anyone who hasn't been, the Moorings is a mighty pirate bar down on Aberdeen's high class harbour, where the hookers always say hello and a pimp jacket is never far away. It has without doubt the BEST inhouse setup of any similar venue anywhere, and as a result it is my favourite place to play in the world. The variety of booze on offer is staggering, the hospitality is genuinely second to none, everyone is made from pure golden honey and a rainbow permanently sits atop the building. Well, I may have made that last bit up, but you get the idea.

The gig was ace, but was possibly only a prelude to the aftershow lock-in, involving spinning drunken runs, Longhorn Turner's belly being set on fire and me inadvertently pulling a pirate pistol on aforementioned ninja. He proceeded to execute what I'm sure would have been a mighty judo throw had I not been completely oblivious to what was happening, but unfortunately I was and so I can now say (after a cheeky wee trip to A&E) that I may have broken the wee skarpothingy bone in my wrist. Which, when you consider I drove all the way back to Edinburgh the next day, is quite impressive.

Not so impressive was that we had to cancel Sunday night's Bannermans gig because of my complete inability to play any form of guitar without gurning like a wounded Gary Moore. Ach well, such is the life we lead.

We were put up in the Moorings flat and I can say for certain that if anyone needs a crash course in metal, they should spend the night there. Bunk beds seem like they could never really be that rock 'n' roll but when you shake them with 1000 decibels of Manowar, they may as well be flaming viking longships. Special mention must go to Pete and Firebrand's Laura who managed to drink and talk their way through the entire night and well into the morning. We're sorry for making Pete miss kungfu in the morning, but it would have just been too much. Bi-five! Oh yes.

We're out of action now until January 5th (note the date change, it is now on the Friday) in Edinburgh when we will be reuniting with Longhorn to play Edinburgh's Cafe Royal - come and say hello. Just don't bring judo skills...

TTR

He proceeded to execute what I'm sure would have been a mighty judo throw had I not been completely oblivious to what was happening, but unfortunately I was and so I can now say (after a cheeky wee trip to A&E) that I may have broken the wee skarpothingy bone in my wrist. Which, when you consider I drove all the way back to Edinburgh the next day, is quite impressive.

Not so impressive was that we had to cancel Sunday night's Bannermans gig because of my complete inability to play any form of guitar without gurning like a wounded Gary Moore. Ach well, such is the life we lead.

OH MY GOD!!! We feel really guilty now. Next time we'll pick on the drummer instead. Sorry about that :(

Good job we didn't get you to sword fight him. The singer from the week before had to pull out of their gig the night after because John had cut his head off...