aberdeen-music

New sayings that are annoying

Hog

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annoying, especially since it sahould be "my partner and I"..

Doesn't that depend on whether it's the subject or not . . . ?

I say 'omg' an awful lot. Also 'boyf' and 'girlf' (not BF and GF, that's just silly), and generally anything computer/internet related ("F5!" "F2!" "AFK!" "BRB!" "AFAIK..." "You're 56kbps!"). It may be annoying to some people.

But what annoys ME is ..

(as other people have already said,) Banter and Nightmare, such an inadequate response to the wordy anecdote I just produced!

Recently loads of people are saying "hence why".. "It was raining," "Yeah, hence why I never went into town" Ehhh?? Super rubbish! :swearing:

Use of adjectives instead of adverbs.

Use of 'it's' instead of 'its' for possessive pronoun...

And it also annoys me when n00bs don't resize their avatars so they end up stretched.

I don't like the word "irreverant". It seems to be the new word for something funny yet "edgy" and popular and I just don't like it.

I also don't like the way that a lot of yes/no phrases can sound so similar. Example:

"Hi, would you like a hand with your packing?"

"I'll be fine."

Now, if the person is mumbling, Aberdonian and already turning away from you, as they almost inevitably are, the difference between "that'd be fine/ I'll be fine", "OK/It's OK" isn't exactly obvious. Not so annoying as the people that just grunt at you though.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

People who use the word 'jokes' to describe something. At first I thought I was just misreading people typing it on myspace, then I actually encountered people using this insane anti-english in reality.

Example: "You really should have joined us at Codona's amusement park last night. We had a great time on the roller coaster - it was jokes!"

If you have ever referred to anything as 'jokes' other than the plural form of something, such as an amusing story or trick, that is said or done to make people laugh, you are a fucking moron. Congratulations, you just used a plural noun instead of an adjective.