aberdeen-music

New sayings that are annoying

Hog

I have noticed that there are new things that people say because lots of other people say them.

Recent ones that get on my nerves....

"aww bless" That gets on my nerves.

"myself and my partner"- referring to a persons boyfriend/girlfriend. I have also noticed that this comment is used frequently amongst minky people.

"my bad"- Why revert to speaking like a 3 year old?

"and I was so like...."- Used by teenagers, why do they have to overuse the word "like"?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onlynik
I have noticed that there are new things that people say because lots of other people say them.

"aww bless" That gets on my nerves.

Not really new my mother has been saying this for years, as long as I can rememebr actually.

"myself and my partner"- referring to a persons boyfriend/girlfriend. I have also noticed that this comment is used frequently amongst minky people.

I use this alot, as it is much better at describing my signifacnt other than just a girlfriend, and I won't call us poor people or from bad stock.

I'll give you that one, but it is just people coping what they hear on TV and popular culture, you just going to have to deal with that.

"and I was so like...."- Used by teenagers, why do they have to overuse the word "like"?

I remember being given into trouble about 15 years ago for saying like after every sentence, hardly new, like.

QUOTE]

Annoying, especially since it sahould be "my partner and I".

Its just so formal and sexless, girlfriend is a much nicer word I think. I always like it when I hear people still use the term when they've been together for yonks. Partner suggests joint account rather than romance.

"aww bless" That gets on my nerves

I loathe that one. Really grates on my nerves too.

I must confess my guilt using this one. I even say it at work but as an alternative to admitting any mistakes

Even the use of 'like' used as punctuation in speach makes me want to rip the offendor's tongue out and bitch-slap them with it.

Two of my hated phrases/sayings are:

To die for - the only time I've tolerated this on is when it was used as a title for a Nicole Kidman film

It/they are so more-ish - Just stop! Say 'fine' or 'nice' as an acceptable alternative. Saying that something is 'more-ish' implies that the perpetrator cannot exercise any self-control and is quite content to stuff their fat fucking face with fine delicacies.