aberdeen-music

Tool Gig

black_matter

Abseloutely amazing in my opinion, I loved every single second of it.

set list in sorta the right order give or take a few

Stinkfist

swamp song

lost keys (blame hoffman)

rosetta stoned

jambi

schism (jam version)

the pot

wings for marie pt 1

10 000 days (wings pt 2)

Lateralus

Vicarious

Ænema

Abseloutely astounding, i'd pay the ticket price to see danny carey alone. The whole band delivered so well and the precision was amazing too. Little chat from Maynard however, but I didn't pay to see him speak, although he did mention to the crowd to please not smoke.

Mastodon played a good set for there support slot, the wolf is loose being my favourite. It would be a hard band to support in my opinion, as I really just wanted tool to come on, but for being not a great mastodon fan i sure will check them out now. Also, gotta speak to the guitarist/singer as he was sitting against the wall in the S.E.C.C so I had a wee chat with him.

I burnt my lighter out as the band were sitting down on the stage and justin produced a lighter, to which fans responded with a lighter also. Some guy next to me kept shouting to sotp lighting there lighters. In his words

"IT'S NOT A FUCKING BON JOVI CONCERT YOU DICKS", so i replied "if he's gonna do it, so am i!"

to which he replied "so he's a fucking poof!"....now that preceeds me. Why come to a tool concert if you hate the band?! coulda punched that guy and it was the only slight drawback to the night.

The lasers in wings for marie were absleoutely awesome and the 10000 days artwork backdrop were so cool aswell. Maynards dancing during lateralus and Aenima were top notch. Hopefully he'll stick to his word and return in the summer.

Abseloutely amazing in my opinion, I loved every single second of it.

set list in sorta the right order give or take a few

Stinkfist

swamp song

jambi

schism (jam version)

the pot

wings for marie pt 1

10 000 days (wings pt 2)

Lateralus

Vicarious

nema

Abseloutely astounding, i'd pay the ticket price to see danny carey alone. The whole band delivered so well and the precision was amazing too. Little chat from Maynard however, but I didn't pay to see him speak, although he did mention to the crowd to please not smoke.

Mastodon played a good set for there support slot, the wolf is loose being my favourite. It would be a hard band to support in my opinion, as I really just wanted tool to come on, but for being not a great mastodon fan i sure will check them out now. Also, gotta speak to the guitarist/singer as he was sitting against the wall in the S.E.C.C so I had a wee chat with him.

I burnt my lighter out as the band were sitting down on the stage and justin produced a lighter, to which fans responded with a lighter also. Some guy next to me kept shouting to sotp lighting there lighters. In his words

"IT'S NOT A FUCKING BON JOVI CONCERT YOU DICKS", so i replied "if he's gonna do it, so am i!"

to which he replied "so he's a fucking poof!"....now that preceeds me. Why come to a tool concert if you hate the band?! coulda punched that guy and it was the only slight drawback to the night.

The lasers in wings for marie were absleoutely awesome and the 10000 days artwork backdrop were so cool aswell. Maynards dancing during lateralus and Aenima were top notch. Hopefully he'll stick to his word and return in the summer.

yeah he did that at a perfect circle too.

i wish i'd had cash to go to tool, maynard is truly mesmerising. :(

i think my good buddy mick from spacejunk said it best..

it was inspirational

my mind was thoroughly expanded on saturday

awesome show

mastadon didnt sound quite as crisp as tool

but they were still shit hot

and i bought a groovy t-shirt

definitely worth the trip

and possibly the best i've ever seen Tool (this being the 4th time..)

:]

Stinkfist

swamp song

jambi

schism (jam version)

the pot

wings for marie pt 1

10 000 days (wings pt 2)

Lateralus

Vicarious

nema

You missed Rosetta Stoned, they played it between schism and the pot i think. I remember thinking how only tool could get away with playing 3 10+ minute tracks almost back to back.

Aye, FUCKING ace tho, as usual with SECC gigs i have the major gripes with the bonehead assholes that ruined the second half of the show for me by elbowing their way in front of us and starting beating crap out of each other, wish they'd just save the 28 and just stand outside and have a streetfight next time, then letting the rest of us enjoy the show but meh, what can you do.

I loved how they introduced elements of the stage show bit by bit throught the show, like the first screen didnt go on til the second track, then the rest of the screens then the massive lights on the roof then the lasers, culminating at the very end of nema with the double bass bit when the whole stage turned into a epileptic's nightmare.

They were fucking tight aswell, there are some little bits they do live which just make the songs for me, i don't know if anoyone else noticed but in lateralus, they put this 'breath' or pause in just before the massive heavy breakdown, and the breakdown itself was so fucking heavy and grooving, i remember that made my hairs stick on end at the last gig, and this one.

Also Kudos to Maynard for a)being in a far better mood than he was at the Academy in June and having better banter and b)being the only man alive who could pull of an orange dayglow anorak. If only he hadn't bottled the last soaring chorus in Vicarious, its my favourite part of that whole song, i'd probably of messed myself there and then.

What a spectacle! Did anyone notice the green lasers + smoke machine made it look as theough there were clouds above us in 10,000 days? Maybe I was high? Was peeved by the last chorus in Vicarious as it is possibly my favourite piece of Maynard vocals ever. Also the image of a tounge licking an eyeball in Vicarious was really clever.

Being a dummer, my focus was on Danny quite a lot of the time but how unbelievably talented is Justin Chancellor? I'm not dismissing the equally supreme imputs of Adam and Maynard but I think that was the first time I really noticed how unbelievable he is at bass. That bassline at the start of The Pot is so cool. Also the weird 6/4 bit towards the end of 10,000 days actually brought a tear to my eye and made me think the apocalypse was indeed upon us at that very moment.

Think my favourite though had to be Lateralus. Was so good. Swamp Song was a pleasant surprise also. I equally enjoyed Aenima, Schism, Stinkfist, 10,000 Days, Rosetta Stoned, The Pot & Jambi.... hold on.....

Not sure how I felt about clapping along. Actually, what I mean to say is I definitely didn't approve of it.

What a spectacle. I got a t-shirt it was so good!

yeh was awesome reckon my fav was jambi that bit when it gets even heavier about half way thru owns. and the lighting on the screens was awesome especially liked seeing maynard posing when all u see is his silhouette agaist some freaky shit.

vicarious,aenima,schism, rosetta stoned and the pot what a bass line.

was very impressed at the whole sound and how tight they were, the group huddle at the end was good to see too.

The only negative aspect of the gig was many people didn't know how to appreciate tool. Tool are a live spectacle, not some moshers band, many of my friends and I went to enjoy the spectacle and were hounded by pissed people elbowing each other.

I fully agree with Rass that people should thoroughly know there tool before acting in such a way. :laughing:

Was ok for me, found the gig at the academy far better due to the two big screens rather than the 4 smaller ones that just didnt quite create the same atmosphere. Still no performance of awesome tracks "the grudge" and "parabola"

Tool played awesome but i found the soundsystem suffered at times with feedback and loss off sound quality. Was pleasantly suprised by mastodon and they did a good job of support band.

The show was amazing.. especially as I got in for 0. We started off in the seated area, but couldn't resist the standing bit.

The only part that annoyed the fuck outta me was the fact we couldna smoke. We arrived in just as Matsterdon or whatever they were called finished their set. So we had 1/2 an hour of waiting around and couldn't go out for a smoke.

Although saying that once we got to the floor we sparked a few!

'You dont wanna hurt my pretty voice do ya?'

- Hell yeah!

If only he hadn't bottled the last soaring chorus in Vicarious, its my favourite part of that whole song, i'd probably of messed myself there and then.

I immediately thought of yourself when he didn't sing that part, I can recall discussing in Bassment the wonder of that vocal. Disappointed myself when he let the crowd do it but overall it's a minor gripe in a wonderful set.

I want to see it again.

found the gig at the academy far better due to the two big screens rather than the 4 smaller ones that just didnt quite create the same atmosphere.

I'm pretty sure they only take one set of screens with them on tour, the academy is way smaller than the secc, perspective n all that.

Still no performance of awesome tracks "the grudge" and "parabola"

Fucking right, the grudge would of been absolutely fucking awesome.

Also, some one was talking about the images on the screens, my favourite was by far in Lateralus with the DNA strains made out of little men with thier heads between anothers legs, all nuggying the one below. Perfect for the song, and just pretty much says it all about Tool.

what a show

oh yeah i agree with every1 here it was AMAZING, the band have awesome stage prescence and they were extremely tight. The night peaked for me when Justin thru his plectrum and it hit me on the shoulder, i reached down and there it was! First time i got sumthin from a concert for ages and i was sayin just before the gig on the way down how Justin was easily one of my fave bassists!Had a gr8 time except for the fact that people were constantly pushing forwards and i had a girl complain at me cuz 'i was in her face'(WTF IM GETTIN PUSHED ABOUT U STUPID BITCH!)(what is with that, if people dont wana have a jump about then move away from the 'pit' area instead of complaining). other than that seeing Tool play the whole 10,000 days title track was mindblowing, i lost my voice by the end from all the singing along and shouting, and there were a few people i came across who more than made up for n e negativity i experienced by being extremely cool! that was the third time ive seen tool and every time theyve been better!

get this feelin their not goin to stick around much longer.....