aberdeen-music

awesome gig 4 decipher!!!

ousydecipher

oh ye we are good,i just decided after having listened to hours and hours of music from aberdeen bands,i have to admit there is a good few bands in toon that dont seem to play much

i wonder why?!:rolleyes:

You're listening to the wrong music then. There's shitloads of good stuff in Aberdeen.

And hell, if we all got to be the judge of how good our own music was, I'd be off on my European tour tomorrow morning.

dont let it get you down, remember we won worst band as well as best, you just cant please everyone :)

I had to keep that fact a secret for a week... i was pissing myself laughing when they were just about to announce the second one...

ha what a twat!!

its ppl like you that ruin things and piss ppl off especially me,what makes you think your band is any better than ours?

i agree, i am a twat but i dunno if have the ability to "ruin things for people" (god i wish i could). But first of all to set things straight - i never said my band was "any better than yours". This thread isnt about my band - you started it about yours and im only being honest.

Saying make sure you stay off the scene permanently isn't really feedback.i would rather he call us shite. I know a lot of people dont like the music but rather than make sarcy comments they could say they dont like it and give an opinion on how to make it better.

I find a lot of people on the site really dont give you a chance and i think it's shit as i would give every band on here a chance.

Im in the tunnels 6 nights a week (give of take a night) - i see SO many crap bands! I would consider myself a pretty open minded guy in terms of music but im gonna judge you on what i see/hear. i have seen you guys twice now - and yeah it sounds harsh but you guys are one of the worst bands ive ever seen! And as one of the few people here to have seen the live decipher experience i can honestly say give up.

For years and years people have been going to see shit 14/15+ year olds rubbish school talent show band at drummonds/drakes/kef - heck - ive been in one of those bands in the past and i suppose everyone in a band has been....10 out 10 times this kind of band will be bollocks but you can see potential and in most cases turn out pretty good as they mature as musicians and people (example the xcerts - i saw their first show - bog standard mainstream punk rubbish....5 or so years on they are still going - much more mature). Yet i see your boring set of rubbish songs, cocky stage presence and i conclude that you have nothing to offer the aberdeen music scene and you really shouldn’t be playing a venue like the tunnels - but I blame the promoter for that.

you dont have to listen to me or anyone - HELL - playing in a band is so much fun and if you agree with me ignore all the bad things said about you. But if you ask for someone opinion of your band on a message board the answer might not be what you want to hear - deal with it. And you know what i think.

• Upvote 1

i agree, i am a twat but i dunno if have the ability to "ruin things for people" (god i wish i could). But first of all to set things straight - i never said my band was "any better than yours". This thread isnt about my band - you started it about yours and im only being honest.

Im in the tunnels 6 nights a week (give of take a night) - i see SO many crap bands! I would consider myself a pretty open minded guy in terms of music but im gonna judge you on what i see/hear. i have seen you guys twice now - and yeah it sounds harsh but you guys are one of the worst bands ive ever seen! And as one of the few people here to have seen the live decipher experience i can honestly say give up.

For years and years people have been going to see shit 14/15+ year olds rubbish school talent show band at drummonds/drakes/kef - heck - ive been in one of those bands in the past and i suppose everyone in a band has been....10 out 10 times this kind of band will be bollocks but you can see potential and in most cases turn out pretty good as they mature as musicians and people (example the xcerts - i saw their first show - bog standard mainstream punk rubbish....5 or so years on they are still going - much more mature). Yet i see your boring set of rubbish songs, cocky stage presence and i conclude that you have nothing to offer the aberdeen music scene and you really shouldnt be playing a venue like the tunnels - but I blame the promoter for that.

you dont have to listen to me or anyone - HELL - playing in a band is so much fun and if you agree with me ignore all the bad things said about you. But if you ask for someone opinion of your band on a message board the answer might not be what you want to hear - deal with it. And you know what i think.

Well we are tking some time off as we are having a line up change, so hopefully we will have something to offer the scene when we start lookin for gigs again!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
we prob gonna be off the scene for a while anyways QUOTE]

Oh! I thought Bastard Squad were playing our first gig next week with you lot. Guess not? Shame, anyone who gets slagged this much on here is probably on to a good thing.....

Ignore/laugh at them.

Yes, apart from the fact that they are being slagged off for being illiterate, clueless and musically shit, not for being the 'outsider artists' they seem to reckon they are. HINT: It's not actually a good thing to be in a terrible band. It doesn't mean you are headstrong or independant, or that you refuse to follow a crowd. Also, although the guy is 25, most people are probably assuming that they are clueless pre-pubescent teens who need to be taken down a peg after their claim that they 'kick ass'. At the end of the day, if you jump onto a forum (with many users who have years if not decades of experience writing and performing music and recieving acclaim that varies from local respect to international recognition) and start a thread asking for feedback on songs that aren't up to scratch without displaying even a basic grasp of the english language (despite being quarter of a century old), you are in no position to get upset if people get a bit blunt with you. No hard feelings, if they return from their break and showcase some good material I don't think anybody here would slag it off just for the sake of it.

Yes, apart from the fact that they are being slagged off for being illiterate, clueless and musically shit, not for being the 'outsider artists' they seem to reckon they are. HINT: It's not actually a good thing to be in a terrible band. It doesn't mean you are headstrong or independant, or that you refuse to follow a crowd. Also, although the guy is 25, most people are probably assuming that they are clueless pre-pubescent teens who need to be taken down a peg after their claim that they 'kick ass'. At the end of the day, if you jump onto a forum (with many users who have years if not decades of experience writing and performing music and recieving acclaim that varies from local respect to international recognition) and start a thread asking for feedback on songs that aren't up to scratch without displaying even a basic grasp of the english language (despite being quarter of a century old), you are in no position to get upset if people get a bit blunt with you. No hard feelings, if they return from their break and showcase some good material I don't think anybody here would slag it off just for the sake of it.

spot on, spot on!

great%20pond.jpg

there's not been a band who i've seen take a pounding like this since the heady days of lethal dosage and look how big they are now....oh wait, where are they now?!

/x

Isn't MMW's drummer a former member of Lethal Dosage?

They really were dreadful though. The first gig I saw them the guitarist didn't even know how to tune his guitar (think he'd just bought it, a new ESP with floyd rose) and ended up playing with the nut locks off.

was nick in dosage? the story Kai wrote about them back in the day was decent and their reaction was even better!!

the main difference with MMW/Stayover/Ascension in particular was that people weren't all up in their business for a complete lack of talent which seems to be the difference here. that was why i picked the 'dosage! :D

/x

Guest Tam o' Shantie

That's not even counting some of the potentials from yesteryear. Remember the 'Starfall to headline RGU all-day gig" fiasco? Motherfuckers coming on here claiming faim better shut they mouth and respect the forum elders!