aberdeen-music

awesome gig 4 decipher!!!

ousydecipher

WOW! this is seriously the first time someone has said they dont like us.............i am in shock i dunno what to say!

it never crossed my mind that some ppl would not like our music,is this why there is so many genres and diff types of bands?

(obviously i am being sarcastic!)

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Har har, you comedian you.

It's the feedback forum, so I thought that I would actually give feedback on your band instead of you making a boasting thread.

Are you sure the gig you stated in the start of this thread was not just your mates in the crowd? Because I can't honestly see people jumping onto the stage for your band.

Har har, you comedian you.

It's the feedback forum, so I thought that I would actually give feedback on your band instead of you making a boasting thread.

Are you sure the gig you stated in the start of this thread was not just your mates in the crowd? Because I can't honestly see people jumping onto the stage for your band.

man you really seem to like us!

i dont have any friends so thats a no,but we were entertaining ha ha

so er.....send me a link 4 your band so i can pass judgement ha ha

Meh they still managed to pull folk up on stage whether or not they're friends or unknowns. Black Matter would be lucky to get any friends to come up on stage they're too damn lazy...except JustinTuh....he's my bitch :up:

To be fair Munky...Ousy has hardly put his brain in gear before speaking. Don't worry. This Website will have VERY little if any bearing on the way your band develops musically and with a fanbase, especially if you work your myspace right.

If you want my advice, which you have asked for in person before when we had a chance meeting, use this site as light entertainment, nothing else.

Thats my t'uppenceworth. Take heed or not.

To be fair Munky...Ousy has hardly put his brain in gear before speaking. Don't worry. This Website will have VERY little if any bearing on the way your band develops musically and with a fanbase, especially if you work your myspace right.

If you want my advice, which you have asked for in person before when we had a chance meeting, use this site as light entertainment, nothing else.

I think you get out what you put in, these days you put shit in so you get shit out. Fair enough, that's up to you and obviously MMW feel they don't need this site anymore. You all seem to have a fairly low opinion of it anyway.

I seem to remember you thought the site was pretty useful when MMW were starting out though, both for recruiting band members and getting the name out there.

Not saying the site will make or break a band, that's obviously nonsense, but hopefully bands can use this site as a bit more than "light entertainment". It's a resource, one of many that can be used alongside myspace etc to get a local profile for a band. Would MMW be where they are now if they hadn't built up a decent local profile first?

Ha cheers ben and yeah it is light entertainment, the main reason we are using it is to try and get some more gigs lined up.

How is the 1 tour idea goin?

I think you get out what you put in, these days you put shit in so you get shit out. Fair enough, that's up to you and obviously MMW feel they don't need this site anymore. You all seem to have a fairly low opinion of it anyway.

I seem to remember you thought the site was pretty useful when MMW were starting out though, both for recruiting band members and getting the name out there.

Not saying the site will make or break a band, that's obviously nonsense, but hopefully bands can use this site as a bit more than "light entertainment". It's a resource, one of many that can be used alongside myspace etc to get a local profile for a band. Would MMW be where they are now if they hadn't built up a decent local profile first?

To be honest with you, I do believe it pretty much had nothing to do with this site. Ross gave us some awesome shows in earlier days and that made lots of people see us that wouldnt have normally so...coupled with our hard work and Jamesy's networking, it began to go from there.

I dont actually think we ever REALLY found the site of that much use and perhaps tried to see if it was so I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. To be honest, the creation of our myspace page was when things really statred motoring for us in an internet sense.

To be fair, the main reason we post up here when we have any significant news is, if im straight with you, is a morbid curiosity to see what shit storm or deafening silence (its on or the other) greets said news!

I will admit that it's a pretty cool site and the intent of it for the most part is good and i'm sure some people do get alot of use out of it. It did use to have better days quite a few years ago but now it doesnt seem to. Wether that's me or the site that's changed I'll never really know. Quite why you're so precious about it is beyond me.

To be honest with you, I do believe it pretty much had nothing to do with this site. Ross gave us some awesome shows in earlier days and that made lots of people see us that wouldnt have normally so...coupled with our hard work and Jamesy's networking, it began to go from there.

I dont actually think we ever REALLY found the site of that much use and perhaps tried to see if it was so I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. To be honest, the creation of our myspace page was when things really statred motoring for us in an internet sense.

To be fair, the main reason we post up here when we have any significant news is, if im straight with you, is a morbid curiosity to see what shit storm or deafening silence (its on or the other) greets said news!

Good for you for doing so well, but I can't believe you're trying to say you've never had any good from this site at all. As I recall, Weapon started from two already pretty well established bands, are you saying that Quik and Point never got any benefit either? Would Quik have even known Point? Would you have ever known Ross? Or what about any other band in Aberdeen? Have we not helped anyone? This site has never ever claimed to be able to guide anyone's path to stardom, in fact it is quite often pointed out on here that you have to do far more than post a few messages. But what about the bands just starting out, asking for advice on playing their first gig, looking for opinions on what pedals to use etc etc? You can't do that on Myspace. But they're not mutually exclusive. This site is hopefully a good resource, one of many available. What this place should be is 'people in bands helping people to be in bands'. We don't need anyone coming on purely to express the frankly sneering attitude that they no longer need this help. You should be here showing people what they should be doing, not laughing because they're not.

Now. About that pint...