aberdeen-music

My Mind's Gone Blank

SteveCrisis

Someone help me, please.

What's the name of The Beatles track played at the end of Bill Hicks' Relentless? If, indeed, it is The Beatles.

I was discussing this with a friend last night and we couldn't identify it. Must be getting senile in our old age

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=bill+hicks+relentless

try there. im at work and have to get back so couldnt search in depth

I just flicked on the end of relentless on my walkman and the only song at the end is Bill Hick's own one - "Chicks Dig Jerks".

Can't remember if the video had something as he left the stage. I remember one of them (Totally?) had a Hendrix song playing over the end.

Hey thanks to this thread I just found out Relentless is out on DVD now! Sweet. I'll pick that up after payday next week.

I just flicked on the end of relentless on my walkman and the only song at the end is Bill Hick's own one - "Chicks Dig Jerks".

Can't remember if the video had something as he left the stage. I remember one of them (Totally?) had a Hendrix song playing over the end.

Hey thanks to this thread I just found out Relentless is out on DVD now! Sweet. I'll pick that up after payday next week.

On the Relentless video/DVD Hendrix is played as he enters the stage.

After the 'Today a young man on acid...' piece there's some psychedelic music played and I've convinced myself it's the Beatles. Something from Revolver I reckon.

It looks like I'll have to consult American Scream. I'm certian it's referenced in there.

Ah well. Take it from me that the music over the end credits as he walks off the stage is Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix, not the beatles.

Excellent! Thanks Chris, I can't argue with that. I'll put my confusion down to me having a senior moment. :O

One question remains, what Hicks video/DVD performance features the psychedelic 'Beatles' track? Is it contained in Only A Ride or Revelations? I must purchase them once again. (OK that's really two questions before the pedant police start knocking)

I must purchase them once again.

You might want to think about getting the Region 0 DVD 'Bill Hicks Live : Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian' which contains 'One Night Stand', 'Relentless', 'Revelations' and the 'It's Just a Ride' documentary.

(and if you don't have Sane Man, you should get that too!) :up:

As for the Beatles track, can't say offhand but he used Tomorrow Never Knows at times. Might be the one you're thinking of.

Actually, I've had a thought - the psychedelic music you're thinking of could be the bit that was taken from his film with Kevin Booth, Ninja Batchelor Party, where they're getting wasted. I'm sure that was re-used somewhere, possibly in the It's Just a Ride documentary. Reckon it's originally a Marble Head Johnson track.

You might want to think about getting the Region 0 DVD 'Bill Hicks Live : Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian' which contains 'One Night Stand', 'Relentless', 'Revelations' and the 'It's Just a Ride' documentary.

(and if you don't have Sane Man, you should get that too!) :up:

As for the Beatles track, can't say offhand but he used Tomorrow Never Knows at times. Might be the one you're thinking of.

Cheers for that :up:

And it is Tomorrow Never Knows. Thank you. I am now put out of my misery.

Thread can now be closed!