aberdeen-music

Dream theatre Vs Petrucci's solo stuff

Guest spikefae20dj

Guest spikefae20dj

first off we have dream theatre

Now we have petrucci

which do people prefer, i can't deside yet, cause petrucci's solo stuff is purely instrumental which can be very relaxing to listen to but dream theatre is also 1 of my fave bands and pure and simply just rock

the only solo stuff i have is 'An evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess' which is nice and chilled out but not a touch on Dream Theater. Also the solos even for him him are a bit over the top at times.

If i could stomach listening to Dream Theatre's god aweful lyrics for more than a couple of seconds i would probably say Dream Theatre. But there's a lot more freedom in Petrucci's solo output than there is in the confines of Dream Theatre, which i know sounds silly on the surface given that they're a prog-metal band, where he seemed more hemmed in by song structure and "meat and potato's" riffing.

I prefer the dream theater stuff.

A large proportion of what they write is utter bollocks, but still they have made about 3 hours worth of incredible music over their career - so in my opinion they're a great band.

It's like the new Tool Record, there's only 3 and a half great songs on it... but 3 and a half songs for tool is about 30 minutes, which is still worthwhile.

Guest spikefae20dj
Isn't it spelt Dream Theater?

One of your fave bands my eye ^_'

i can't believe your actually picking me up on a slight mispelling.

Anyway if folk like petrucci then try listening to his suspended animation album i'm sure most folk already have this one but just incase:up: