aberdeen-music

All day gig at Kef - Ascension, Enrapture and others 26/11/06

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll be returning from Glasgow that day after seeing the mighty Tool supported by the equally might Mastodon buuuuuuuuuuuuut...

I hear that Electric Eel Shock are playing at Moshulu that same night supported by the MIA-at-the-moment Dallas-approved McQueen, HOT MANGU and everyone's favourite mop-metallers Samurai Fury!

You'd be foolish to miss that one. Listen to Megatron! I heard he was best friends with Optimus Prime AND REJECT_MONKEY so he's bound to be able to offer you sage advice on gigs and eating. Or sage on your food and shite gig advice. I forget how it works with those kind of people.

umm...eating? it was a sarcastic comment about the pig dogs, or are you being sarcastic now 2 and i'm getting a bit lost?

Don't worry man i love eating too, we are going for heaviest band in aberdeen in weight hahahaha! We need to fatten up the other 2 man hahahaha!

Anyway back to the point, if ya wanna criticize this gig then why not come along and see what its like then rip into us after in person or on here! I know i am gonna enjoy the gig, if you do then buy me a pint after if ya don't buy me tequila i hate that shit!

bassist appartly got confused with a DI i was told ?(

and appartly you got confused with english! give the young guys a break for fuck sake. megatron is right enough. if you're not interested, don't go. you're not gonna be persuaded otherwise and most of you are just looking for something else to rip the cunt out of. anyone here who's in a band was young and in a band once. give it a rest.

/x

and appartly you got confused with english! give the young guys a break for fuck sake. megatron is right enough. if you're not interested, don't go. you're not gonna be persuaded otherwise and most of you are just looking for something else to rip the cunt out of. anyone here who's in a band was young and in a band once. give it a rest.

/x

yeah sorry i can't spell for shite :D

but i did say they were pretty good. pretty good players, good confidence etc.

It's probably because it's much easier to say a band will be shite before they've even heard them, especially with most of these bands not being very well known in Aberdeen, except enrapture and ascension.

i know what you mean! its almost like some people dont want a gig to be good in aberdeen anymore!

the gig sounds like it'll be a cracker! especially if theres a good turn-out! same with any gig...the crowd makes it! ill be there! :up:

i'm not having a go at you in particular, just the general tone of this thread:

"here's a gig. all day, five pounds, bands you might not have heard and might like"

cue - "they'll be shite" "they are shite" "venue lining their pockets" etc. etc.

tiresome.

/x

Typical of the local scene. It's pretty disgusting how some people actively make an effort to try and degrade and bring down certain bands.

I'd say that Nice for Flowers sound relatively good going by their myspace.

The huge amount of criticism going about is kind of understandable. The general standard of bands in Aberdeen is rising, and it's going to be hard for newer bands to compete. And I feel there a couple of new people on these boards that have been playing the militant metalhead card, giving the genre a bad name lately.

I personally hope the bands have a pile of fun and end up with a good gig on their hands.

I hear that Electric Eel Shock are playing at Moshulu that same night supported by the MIA-at-the-moment Dallas-approved McQueen, HOT MANGU and everyone's favourite mop-metallers Samurai Fury!

""tickets are 5 advance from the band, or 5+ at the doors""

Indeed we are and i'll do you all a special deal!

If you were thinking of going to Kef for 5/5+

then I'll sell you a ticket for our gig for Just 5!!!! RRP 7!!!

Great Value!!!!!

Listen to the bands here:

www.myspace.com/beatme

www.myspace.com/mcqueen

www.myspace.com/hotmangu

www.myspace.com/samuraifury

Message me for tickets or find us around about The Basement/Moshulu

vicinity as of about 4pm on the day of the show!

Cheers!

:up:

The huge amount of criticism going about is kind of understandable. The general standard of bands in Aberdeen is rising, and it's going to be hard for newer bands to compete..

I wouldn't say it's the standard of bands, it's more the fact that judging by the "who..?" responses, the bands playing are likely to be desperate for their first gig and are playing Kef because they don't have anything else to go on.

Problem is, these bands just aren't ready half the time.